questions abt streaming.

imeugenetan
Go to solution Solved by LogicalDrm,

@imeugenetan, you have good hardware for basic 720p streaming. You can get good quality video by using OBS, Quicksync and Shadowplay. So OBS will be the center of things, Shadowplay will do the recording and quicksync encoding. Overall your CPU can handle those things alone too.

hi guys and gals, i have some questions abt streaming my games on twitch(or another platform; which i will be looking up on), and i hope you can help me out.

been googling ard looking for tips, and i realised that there are a fair bit of people who recommend having a capture card; ie avermedia live gamer HD. is this reali necessary? any other things i need to lookout out for if i were to start streaming?

some info to go with my questions. basically, will be looking to stream csgo MM games, either solo queue, or sometimes having fun with friends. not reali looking to become a hardcore streamer, as i do have a full time job in the mornings.

my csgo ranking is silver elite master. not that great i know, but some1 has to be there in silver for others to frag rite? =D

| cpu: i5 4460 | cpu cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO | MOBO: MSI H97 Gaming 3 | ram: Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz (4GBx2) CL9 | GPU: SAPPHIRE NITRO R9 390 8G D5 | Case: Shar Koon T28 | Storage: Samsung Evo 120GB SSD + WD 1TB blue 64mb sata3 | psu: Seasonic S12II non modular 620w | 

You can stream with OBS. Especially on CSGO, it wouldn't even take a toll on your system (as long as it's not complete shit :P).

“The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think”

ops. i entered my system into the profile. is there a way for it to show as signature? or do i have to redo it as signature? =x

i was thinking of OBS as i had previous bad experience on xplit (or however it is spelled). as im trying to do a bit more research, i found that a lot recommended having the capture card. so i was wondering if that is an important component to streaming.

| cpu: i5 4460 | cpu cooler: Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO | MOBO: MSI H97 Gaming 3 | ram: Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz (4GBx2) CL9 | GPU: SAPPHIRE NITRO R9 390 8G D5 | Case: Shar Koon T28 | Storage: Samsung Evo 120GB SSD + WD 1TB blue 64mb sata3 | psu: Seasonic S12II non modular 620w | 

ops. i entered my system into the profile. is there a way for it to show as signature? or do i have to redo it as signature? =x

The signature is separate from what you post on your profile for system specs. People just tend to put their specs in their sigs. 

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

The signature is separate from what you post on your profile for system specs. People just tend to put their specs in their sigs. 

alrighty!! thank you for the info.

@imeugenetan, you have good hardware for basic 720p streaming. You can get good quality video by using OBS, Quicksync and Shadowplay. So OBS will be the center of things, Shadowplay will do the recording and quicksync encoding. Overall your CPU can handle those things alone too.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

thanks for your input!! will do so.! i guess i jus need to see how to play ard with OBS.