overclocking.....

thom
Go to solution Solved by EcoBoost,

but i see a video overclocking with a a55 motherboard :) ... if its bad then i will not OC it again :(

but if i OC with this motherboard can you tell on what ghz should i OC my processor to be able to not damage my motherboard??

You shouldn't overclock with an a55 board like that, due to the lack of VRM heatsinks and probably the lack of a good power phase design as well.

hello mam/sir i've got my a4 5300 running at 3.4ghz(max turbo off)and overclock it at 4.2ghz and it is stable but i am confused....
with this to be able to reached 4.4ghz i lower the mutiplier of my ram cause my processor is only supported 1600mhz and my ram is running at somewhat 1700mhz when the multiplier is 16 so i change it to 10.33 and it reached to something at 1400mhz,,,do you think it is safe??and the other one i am confused is the NB frequancy or north bridge frequency(some call it in that way) is reaching 2000mhz is it safe??? and also i run prime 95 and it says no error, 100warnings reached maximum warnings what does it mean..

.sorry for my bad english and sorry for all the asking im new in overclocking although i read a lot of review about overclocking im still confused a little on this one...

here are my specs:
a4 5300 3.4ghz(OC 4.4ghz) 1.392V default
kingston hyper X 1600mhz(running at somthin 1400mhz) 1.5V default
GA-F2A55M-DS2 rev 1.2
corsair VS 650
r7 250 1GB GDDR5

hello mam/sir i've got my a4 5300 running at 3.4ghz(max turbo off)and overclock it at 4.2ghz and it is stable but i am confused....

with this to be able to reached 4.4ghz i lower the mutiplier of my ram cause my processor is only supported 1600mhz and my ram is running at somewhat 1700mhz when the multiplier is 16 so i change it to 10.33 and it reached to something at 1400mhz,,,do you think it is safe??and the other one i am confused is the NB frequancy or north bridge frequency(some call it in that way) is reaching 2000mhz is it safe??? and also i run prime 95 and it says no error, 100warnings reached maximum warnings what does it mean..

You're not going to get extremely far with a locked CPU, as you'll only be base clock overclocking. I also wouldn't overclock on your motherboard either.

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

Phone: iPhone 6 Space Gray 64GB, T-Mobile $60/mo 3GB plan

but i see a video overclocking with a a55 motherboard :) ... if its bad then i will not OC it again :(

but if i OC with this motherboard can you tell on what ghz should i OC my processor to be able to not damage my motherboard??

You're not going to get extremely far with a locked CPU, as you'll only be base clock overclocking. I also wouldn't overclock on your motherboard either.

You shouldn't overclock with an a55 board like that, due to the lack of VRM heatsinks and probably the lack of a good power phase design as well.

Desktop: Intel Core i5 2380P (2400 w/o iGPU), MSI H61, 8GB RAM, 256GB SP610, 500GB WD Blue, HIS R9 280, Antec TruePower Classic 550W, Inwin MANA 134, QNIX QX2710, CM QuickFire Rapid, Logitech G402

Laptop: Toshiba Satellite L40D, AMD A6-6310, 6GB RAM, 500GB HDD, Radeon R4 Graphics, 14" 1366x768

ow i see :(...... so i can't overclock on this motherboard....

hehe so maybe i'll buy a a88 chipset in the near future....

by the way...thankyou very much for the info mam...

last one mam how about the a78,and a58 motherboard can they handle the overclocking??

last one mam how about the a78,and a58 motherboard can they handle the overclocking??

For a motherboard you'd want to overclock on get one with VRM heatsinks (heatsinks around the CPU socket). Some A78 motherboards have them, like the MSI A78M-E45, but many overclocking-ready boards on FM2 would be on the A88X platform.

For a motherboard you'd want to overclock on get one with VRM heatsinks (heatsinks around the CPU socket). Some A78 motherboards have them, like the MSI A78M-E45, but many overclocking-ready boards on FM2 would be on the A88X platform.

thank you so much mam you are a big help thank you very much for the info's i think i will buy that msi a78 with heatsink in the vrm cause it's sale now here in the philippines...

thank you very much again mam godbless... :)