4k On GTX 670 SLI?

Octavialicious
Go to solution Solved by Aniallation,

Hey, I am considering a 4k monitor but I am worried my cards won't handle it. Obviously 2x 670s wont do too well with BF4, but I only play minecraft and league of legends. Will LoL run at a steady 60 FPS? ty

LoL will be perfectly fine at 4K even with one 670

Hey, I am considering a 4k monitor but I am worried my cards won't handle it. Obviously 2x 670s wont do too well with BF4, but I only play minecraft and league of legends. Will LoL run at a steady 60 FPS? ty

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

"Rawr XD"

Sweet! Thanks.

// irenebb-pc v5 // [] Intel i5-9400F [] Radeon VII Lisa Su Edition [] 24GB Crucial Ballistix [] Acer ED323QUR (1440p/144hz) []

I feel as though a 4k monitor is a bit of a waste if it's just for LoL. The size of the monitor is probably going to be a little bit too big compared to what I'd usually recommend to someone who plays mostly LoL.

Then, there's the problems in Windows. Text doesn't always scale, a lot of programs are going to be a pain in the ass.

Lastly, LoL I feel won't really take advantage of that kind of a resolution. So you're really paying more, for the sake of paying more, unless you're using the monitor for other things

CPU: Intel Core i7-4770k | Mobo: MSI Mpower Max | Cooling: Cryorig R1 Ultimate w/ XT140 front Fan | GPU: EVGA GTX 770 Dual SC SLI | Case: NZXT H440 | Case Fans: Phanteks PH-140SP x5 | PSU: EVGA Supernova P2 1000W | RAM: 16GB Crucial Ballistix Tactical Tracer | SSD: Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB | HDD: Seagate Barracude

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 | Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 | Headphones: Sennheiser HD438s | Mousepad: Razer Goliathus Control | Monitor 1: Benq XL2430T | Monitor 2: BenQ RL2455HM 

Buying a computer to play LoL is a waste. Get a toaster and a microwave instead.

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I feel as though a 4k monitor is a bit of a waste if it's just for LoL. The size of the monitor is probably going to be a little bit too big compared to what I'd usually recommend to someone who plays mostly LoL.

Then, there's the problems in Windows. Text doesn't always scale, a lot of programs are going to be a pain in the ass.

Lastly, LoL I feel won't really take advantage of that kind of a resolution. So you're really paying more, for the sake of paying more, unless you're using the monitor for other things

Buying a computer to play LoL is a waste. Get a toaster and a microwave instead.

i got LoL the other day, it's not something I play that much lol

scaling is a minor problem. yes when screen goes into the sleep mode windows resizes when opening but its not a big issue. playing games at 4k even at normal details looks amazing.No AA is required.

CD Transport: Oppo 105 > RCA: Morrow MA1 / HDMI > Processor: Primare SP33 > RCA: Morrow MA1 > Amplifier: Elektra Theatron 7 > Speaker Cables: Neotech > Speakers: Monitor Audio RS8