White Antec 1200

NUK

So i had my motherboard dimms die on me and was RMAing it when i thought of some cool case mods i could do to make it look nicer and easier to build in so yeah here is my build log. hope you enjoy

for those of you who don't know what the Antec 1200 looks like here is the original case:

oiA8SfJ.jpg

so firstly i just wanted to paint it white and i did and it turned out looking awesome:

JgUYAYG.jpg?1

wUMP9yo.jpg?1

27v5E8t.jpg?1

enQoWDi.jpg?1

Lwhku3t.jpg?1

but i wasn't happy with it since the case has some missing functionality that i wished it had and well i got to work on those issues:

so the first thing i did was cut a some metal from the top and drilled 4 holes so that i can mount a 240 rad in there

h1QMRxp.jpg

next issue, since the case had no way for you to mount a power supply with the fan on the bottom i needed to make a cut out for that, to do this i had to remove the rubber power supply standoffs and shift them else where

YT0M2Ro.jpg

yFCcs8R.jpg

ok so now that i finished that I moved on to the CPU cut out, since I am using an H100i i wanted a way to mount the CPU block with the motherboard already in the case, while i was already doing that noticed that when i originally built this PC that the cable routing options were minimal and kinda sucked cause they weren't in the right places for my motherboard so i made a cable routing cutout which would allow me to route the cables behind the motherboard, finally i made a small cutout on the hdd rack so that i can mount my ssd there and route cables out of sight

m4faYOA.jpg

i wanted to go with a white and blue theme with the case and well i thought painting all the case fans white would give the case a nice look

yH0k7yf.jpg

X9H6y8O.jpg

2m84H2f.jpg

ok so i have saved the best mod for last, I dis-liked the side panel window since it showed nothing apart from the side of the motherboard and some of the ram and covered the rest, so yeah i made a bigger much better window with some blue tinted 3mm acrylic 

0XmnAgn.jpg

FDOjUwH.jpg

UYeVVfy.jpg

DJBN6wp.jpg

Finally got my motherboard back from RMA and was really excited to finish the build

n1q0nUu.jpg?1

47jtxEH.jpg?1

UnCdwgH.jpg?1

FM65Qbj.jpg?1

Q69ovo9.jpg?1

mbo54OO.jpg?2

YgR0al1.jpg?1

e4Oaw4R.jpg?1

gbrk48y.jpg?2

ZWXzhQf.jpg?2

7m7z4bN.jpg?3

5PioDoY.jpg

OekUncW.jpg?1

whkigop.jpg?1

ezXLKAC.jpg?1

UximtoA.jpg?1

x5HUnWM.jpg?1

CkZ3gOI.jpg?1

Now that the build is done its time for the overclocks and temp tests

here's what i got for my I5 3570k

X66ddtV.jpg

UmWmF9r.jpg

Hope you guys enjoyed this let me know what you think about the build.

Woah! NUK great job! Who knew that the 1200 had that much hidden potential? You did, that's who!  :D

The paint job looks great, I tried painting my 900 a nice duotone silver and blue a few years back and I let the paint dry before I pulled the masking tape off, big mistake haha, it pulled bits of paint with it so I ended up with a not so straight line.  <_<

Your build is pretty much perfect, your overclock is amazing too! One this I would like to see is some grommets for the cable routing holes but other than that it's superb.

Thanks a lot

yeah the grommets would be awesome but i don't know where to get any and also i would like to some time soon get into some custom cables and replacing the case fans to Gelid wings and silverstone AP's would be great

Thanks a lot

yeah the grommets would be awesome but i don't know where to get any and also i would like to some time soon get into some custom cables and replacing the case fans to Gelid wings and silverstone AP's would be great

Hmm looks like there aren't really any custom grommets out there for the 1200. Simple option would be some u-channel like this:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5096/mol-04/Slim_C-Strip_FanWindow_MoldingGrommet_Edging_-_Black.html?id=kQ75K9gT&mv_pc=1886

Or you could go hardcore, buy this and make you're own grommets :D

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13181/noi-23/Neoprene_Sheet_-_Phase_Change_Insulator_-_200mm_x_200mm_x_10mm.html?id=kQ75K9gT&mv_pc=2117

I first looked at the case and was like "why even bother painting that piece o' junk" and I scrolled down and was amazed. Good job. Really good job

OS - Windows 8.1 Motherboard - ASUS M5A99FX Pro R2.0 Processor - AMD FX 8350 Black Edition RAM - 16GB 2x8 Crucial Ballistix Sport Graphics Card - Gigabyte Windforce 2 OC GTX 660 Power Supply - Corsair CX750M CPU Cooler - NZXT Kraken X60 Wireless Adapter - ASUS PCE-N15 PCI-E Adapter Fans - x3 Masscool blue LED 120mm Fans Case - Fractal Design Define R4

Monitor - Dell S2230MX 21.5-inch Keyboard - Logitech G105 Mouse - Logitech G602 Speakers - Logitech Z130 Headsets/Headphones - Tt eSports Shock, AKG K240, California Headphones Laredo Phone - iPhone 4S

The acrylic side really helps the overall look, I never liked the triangle side fan setup they have on the 900s and 1200s.

Hmm looks like there aren't really any custom grommets out there for the 1200. Simple option would be some u-channel like this:

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5096/mol-04/Slim_C-Strip_FanWindow_MoldingGrommet_Edging_-_Black.html?id=kQ75K9gT&mv_pc=1886

Or you could go hardcore, buy this and make you're own grommets :D

http://www.frozencpu.com/products/13181/noi-23/Neoprene_Sheet_-_Phase_Change_Insulator_-_200mm_x_200mm_x_10mm.html?id=kQ75K9gT&mv_pc=2117

hmm interesting im not sure what to go with now the idea of making custom grommets is really giving me more ideas of what i could also do with the case that could lead to better cable routing options and a cleaner build 

Thanks alot for that ill look into doing that some time

yeah it was bugging me you don't get to see anything interesting with the original side panel