Audio Filter Program? Mic picks up fans.

Speedrookie

Hello, I have an audio issue while recording with my audio technica AT2020. So its not really and issue with the mic itself other than it picks up the constant hum of my computer fans. I was wondering if there is a program or something that can filter out the noise while recording. I use Sony vegas for video editing and I cant even get it out with the tools there. Also the audio technica is a USB mic so i dont have the options and properties as a standard jack mic. Usually i try to figure things like this out on my own but i dont know what to search for. Any suggestions help, thanks

I think what you're looking for are quieter fans, or you can get a little recording booth like the one linus has for voice overs watch the studio tour

Planned I Hope Someday I Do First Build: CPU: Intel Core i7 5820k CPU Cooler: CM Hyper 212 EVO Mobo: MSI X99S SLI PLUS RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4GB) DDR4-2133Mhz Storage: Corsair Force LS 240GB SSD & 2TB WD Green Graphics Card: ASUS GTX 970 4GB Turbo Case: NZXT S340 White PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX 750W 80+ OS: Windows 8.1 64-bit OEM Monitor: AOC i2267Fw 60Hz 22" Monitor

Have you tried turning down your gain on the mic? I know I had some issues with this on my Blue Yeti, and I just needed to turn down my gain. As for a program, I usually use Audacity for almost everything relating to audio. I haven't used it before to edit out background sounds, but I'm sure there is a plugin/tutorial for that.

Hope that helps! :)

~TasteOfTheTech

If you want active cancelling of low Db level noise, you're looking for a noise gate, if you want to take it out of recordings, use Audacity.

Case: NZXT H440 | CPU: i5 4670K @ 4.5 GHz | GPU: MSI 970, Kraken G10 | Mobo: ASRock Z97 Extreme3 | Cooler: H100i | PSU: Corsair AX750 w/ Sleeved Cables | Display: 3xBenQ RL2455M | Fans: 5xNoctua NF-F12, 1xBitFenix Spectre |