Noctua NH-D15 or Corsair H100i

trying to decide which would be better. I have an i5 4690K and am looking at overclocking it at some point. Which would be better for overclocking but still quite silent? im not looking to overclock it by a large amount as a want it to be quite stable and not be stressing at all.

d15 for longevity of cooler, h100i for higher overclocks but their performance are very similar, if not almost identical.

My Current PC Codename: Scrapper

Spoiler

Intel i5-3570 | Some LGA 1155 MOBO Some Generic DDR3 8GB 1600Mhz | PowerColor RX 560 2GB | Recycled HP Case Crucial MX100 128GB 1TB WD Blue 7200RPM | Some Generic 500w PSU | Intel Stock Cooler

trying to decide which would be better. I have an i5 4690K and am looking at overclocking it at some point. Which would be better for overclocking but still quite silent? im not looking to overclock it by a large amount as a want it to be quite stable and not be stressing at all.

D15 is both better and quieter, however it has some sacrifices like RAM clearance and being overall huge as fuck

"Rawr XD"

Air coolers are superior, IMO. The only reason I can see to get an AIO over an Air cooler would be because of space issues (RAM, Case size, rad support). 

Air coolers are quieter (no pump) and perform better than their equivalently priced AIO alternative. 

Get the Noctua. Phanteks, BeQuiet!, and Cryorig, and Cooler Master also make good air coolers

I done been through a whole lot. Trial, tribulations, but I know God - Kendrick Lamar

I question your mother's upbringing if you don't like me - Action Bronson

You apocalyptic dingleberry - James 'Captain Slow' May

I guess I'm the lone H100i owner here :P

Great cooler, the fans are really quiet. And I like the glowing logo that can be customized with Corsair Link (only under Windows though :( )

I would pick the NH15 just becuz is way more silence, even tho you not gonne hear both of them and perform pretty much the same and also nhd15 looks more ghetto xD But if you want something clean, go for h100i.

h100i  -37.68 dBA

nh-d15 -24.6 dBA 

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

The NH-D15 will be quieter, more reliable, performs a bit better than the H100i and probably has better mounting hardware.

The H100i looks better according to many, puts less stress on the motherboard, may be a little cheaper, has better RAM compatibility if that matters to you.

wow didnt expect this much input, thanks for all your advice guys :lol: . The Noctua is $30 cheaper and by all of your advice I will go with that option. Now to get the new black fans to go with my aesthetics.