Samsung will release fix for faulty 840 EVO firmware on Oct 15

Tataffe

Source

A week ago Samsung acknowledged the existence of the read performance bug in the SSD 840 EVO and I just received a note that the fixed firmware is in validation process and is expected to be released to the public on October 15th.

Samsung will release further information later, so I will perhaps update this thread.

Opinion: I was really hoping that this was indeed a firmware problem, because I have one 840 EVO and will maybe get another one for my laptop, so that if that laptop dies, I can put them in RAID 0 in my desktop machine. I'm therefore glad that this is happening.

It is however noticeable that Samsung only sprang into action when this issue received public attention instead of finding out themselves and releasing a fix sooner. On the other hand, maybe their testing methods are not suitable for finding a problem like this.

THIS SIGNATURE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

most companies will wait until its public because its normally cheaper to react than act in the first place

still gald to see its getting fixed

"if nothing is impossible, try slamming a revolving door....." - unknown

my new rig bob https://uk.pcpartpicker.com/b/sGRG3C#cx710255

Kumaresh - "Judging whether something is alive by it's capability to live is one of the most idiotic arguments I've ever seen." - jan 2017

So the samsung is going to take over the throne now and crucial will fall.

'Rise of the planet of the samsung'