Ducky Shine 3 Broken LED's

Go to solution Solved by jalex3,

If its been less than 1 year then they have to do something.   I had a monitor that was faulty.   After contacting them they sent a  post return slip. 

You can contact about warranty under your account.

Hey Guys and Girls,

I bought a Ducky Shine 3 with green LED's and blue Cherry MX switches back in June of this year from the Australian retailer pc case gear. Since then the LED's have slowly been dying every few weeks. I now have 8 LED's that don't work. I was wondering if this is a common Ducky problem or if I was just unlucky? Will this kind of thing be covered under warranty and if anybody has had prior experiences with pc case gear and their warranty services.

Thanks in advance,
Hodge22

I'm thinking of buying a ducky keyboard, this could be a turn off.

:(

I'm thinking of buying a ducky keyboard, this could be a turn off.

:(

Yeah I was told they were great quality and worth the money but mine has now lost 9 LED's.... yeah another one died after writing this post....... They're dropping like bloody flies over here :P

I have read about this happening before but its not greatly common I think its just with most electronics you get some with bad batches. The Shine 3 is a good keyboard if you get it replaced your new replacement most likely wont have the same problem. hope all works out.

That's just some bad luck there.  Don't let this experience turn you away from ducky, they make solid keyboards.  

CASE: FRACTAL DESIGN DEFINE R4  |  MOBO: MSI MPOWER Z77  |  CPU: Intel i5 3570k @ 4.4 GHz  |  CPU COOLER: NOCTUA NH-D15  |  GPU: EVGA GTX 770 SC |

PSU: CORSAIR AX860 W/ RED BRAIDED CABLES | SSD: SAMSUNG 840 EVO 250 GB | HDD: WD BLACK 1 TB | FANS: 3x NOCTUA NF-A14 | MONITOR: HP W2371D

KEYBOARD: CM STORM QFR MX BLUES W/  PBT KEYCAPS  |  MOUSE: LOGITECH G502 | MIC: AUDIO TECHNICA AT2020 | HEADPHONES: SENNHEISER HD 558

If its been less than 1 year then they have to do something.   I had a monitor that was faulty.   After contacting them they sent a  post return slip. 

You can contact about warranty under your account.