780ti oc crashing, card or system at fault?

damo

Hi All

Anyone come across the dreaded, 'it keeps crashing whatever i seem to do' experience with a 780ti and be told the card is all ok by the retailer? Ever resolve it?

As you probably get, the card I saved for over several months turned out to be a disaster.  No matter what I try, it crashes in high spec games, BF4, Farcry3 is what it was bought for. That is on my main monitor off displayport at 2560x1600. Not had any issues at 1920x1200 off DVI to another monitor though.

Sometimes get a freeze, sometimes a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG DirectX Error. Occasionally it takes an hour or more, sometimes 5-10mins, but rarely do I end the game by selecting quit…

I have tried it in 2 different systems, not that old i7 and i5 based

PSU 650W TX650M and 760W SS-760XPII

Removed all other peripherals

Game, driver reinstalls

Complete win8.1 64bit OS reinstall

Max temp 77degrees

And the GTX770 4G OC card it was meant to replace works great in the same systems.

This is the second card I’ve been given and the retailer insists both cards were tested with no issues found, although how it was tested is not clear...

Anyone run a 780ti OC successfully on a 600 or 650w psu?

Whats the best benchmarking tool to replicate real world?

Suggestions appreciated…

D

Is it when the card is under load or idle? You mentioned when playing games. My 780 crashed when under load but not when idle and turns out all I had to do was to update the bios, I would say that that's a last resort.

Hi All

Anyone come across the dreaded, 'it keeps crashing whatever i seem to do' experience with a 780ti and be told the card is all ok by the retailer? Ever resolve it?

As you probably get, the card I saved for over several months turned out to be a disaster.  No matter what I try, it crashes in high spec games, BF4, Farcry3 is what it was bought for. That is on my main monitor off displayport at 2560x1600. Not had any issues at 1920x1200 off DVI to another monitor though.

Sometimes get a freeze, sometimes a DXGI_ERROR_DEVICE_HUNG DirectX Error. Occasionally it takes an hour or more, sometimes 5-10mins, but rarely do I end the game by selecting quit…

I have tried it in 2 different systems, not that old i7 and i5 based

PSU 650W TX650M and 760W SS-760XPII

Removed all other peripherals

Game, driver reinstalls

Complete win8.1 64bit OS reinstall

Max temp 77degrees

And the GTX770 4G OC card it was meant to replace works great in the same systems

This is the second card I’ve been given and the retailer insists both cards were tested with no issues found, although how it was tested is not clear...

Anyone run a 780ti OC successfully on a 600 or 650w psu?

Whats the best benchmarking tool to replicate real world?

Suggestions appreciated…

D

Maybe try reinstalling the GPU drivers?

Maybe try reinstalling the GPU drivers?

Or resort to earlier drivers or newer beta ones?

Howdy

Tried reinstalling the drivers many times, both the clean install option and removing them and reinstalling. Also tried older drivers from the manufacturers site and one previous from nvidia. Been through this on both systems, as said, windows has also been  re-installed onto a new HDD too.

Doesn’t make any difference, the crashing continues.. , well at least at the higher rez

thanks though

d

BF4 and Far Cry run the card at max. FC drops a little during cut scenes and I have noted a crash during that. I already checked i was on the latest bios for the gpu, same for the motherboards too. Kind of feel i've tried every option....

Have noted some people testing on 3dmark , recently someone with the same/similar card to me .. so i should at least see if they show issue

thanks again

d