I want to alter my PC a little, but want advice on a few parts!

This was originally posted in the General area, but then got moved to the "Show off your PC" area....  I wasn't trying to show off my PC...  I just put pictures in so you can see the complaints I had in person....  We will try this again here and hopefully it will stick!

Alrighty then...  I will start off saying there is no reason I NEED to "upgrade" or change my system at ALL, I am just the type of person who want to do something to everything all of the time.  When it comes to computers, I like building them for fun.  So I want to possibly rebuild mine, even though mine is currently AMAZING!  I will tell you my current specs even though that is not going to play a role in what I am asking.

Gigabyte G.1 Sniper z87

i7-4770k (Overclocked to 5.0Ghz Stable)

EVGA GTX 780ti ACX Superclocked (Overclocked to 1.15GHZ on Core and 7.4GHZ Memory)

Samsung 840 Pro 128GB SSD

WD Black 4TB Storage Drive

Corsair RM1000w PSU

NZXT Switch 810 Case

EK Single bay dual pump/res

240.2 80mm radiator

240.3 60mm radiator

EK Supremacy CPU block

Swiftech Komodo GPU Block

I have also attached pictures of it so you can see.

post-122280-0-94569500-1409052305_thumb.

post-122280-0-37711300-1409052288_thumb.

post-122280-0-41538800-1409052291_thumb.

post-122280-0-95285200-1409052293_thumb.

post-122280-0-33833400-1409052296_thumb.

post-122280-0-63140500-1409052299_thumb.

post-122280-0-62443400-1409052303_thumb.

post-122280-0-78928700-1409052286_thumb.

What I am asking is this, if I were to build a new build, it would be to optimize a few things...

Things I made poor decisions on in this case:

1.    Getting a 60mm Radiator for the top....  This eliminates the usage of the top 5.25" bay for my Blu-Ray drive, which I personally would have rather had stealthed for better aesthetics....

2.    Using a bay reservoir/pump instead of having everything internal...  I can hear it working the whole time I am gaming even with my Astro A50's on.  It is not loud by any means, but UGH, I can slightly hear it, and it bothers me!

3.    Using a 180mm long PSU.  As you can see, the cords are bent quite tight between the PSU and the bottom radiator.  This can't be good for them, though nothing has gone wrong yet.

4.    Using the NZXT Rope lighting.  I can see where it starts there at the bottom above the PSU.  I don't like seeing it....

5.    Using the Komodo waterblock I used...  This is literally the tiniest thing ever, but it bothers me to no end.  I have a 780ti, but the logo says 780 (they don't have one that says ti, but the block fit and it was green, soo.....)

6.    No Wi-Fi/Bluetooth built in....  I have that ugly bleep Wi-Fi card on the top PCI-e 1 slot and wow, it is an eyesore....

So with those negatives in mind, I would want to fix them in the new build.  But my biggest issues that I want advice on are:

1.    The Case:  

Either the NZXT Switch 810 again, or the NZXT H440 (The soon to be released Razer designed version)  If I do the Switch 810 again, I can have MASSIVE amounts more radiator volume…  (1,030,000 sqmm of space extra.  (5,782,000sqmm vs 4,752,000sqmm))  But if I do the H440, I can get it quieter plus the green case is sexy….  But the H440 can fit 140mm wide fans/radiators, just not x3 long…  So there will be empty space wasted, and same with the 120mm radiators…  There will be empty space on the sides of the radiator.  This could possibly mess with my OCD tendencies just as a few of the things in this case do….  I can’t fit the larger Corsair cases in my cabinet (the whole reason I have so much water cooling) so I would need a case that is NO bigger than the Switch 810.  But I am open to other suggestions besides those two.

2.       The GPU.  I would love to get the 780ti Kingpin edition, or the EVGA Dual Classified edition, but both of those do not have waterblocks that fit my needs…  (The EVGA Dual Classified has the Hydro Copper, but it lights up red, and I want a Green build with possible blue highlights…)  Does anybody know of a FULL LENGTH GPU block that fits either of those cards?  I know there is the EK Classy waterblock, but it is silver (I want black) and does not go the full length of the PCB.  I don’t care if it does not make a difference temperature and quality wise, it makes a difference visually, and it would drive me bat bleep crazy.

3.       Which brings me to the next part….  Motherboard.  WTF Gigabyte!  Why did you switch to RED!!!!!  UGH!!!!  This leaves me with minimal amounts of choices for boards.  Boards that have my Wi-Fi/Bluetooth built in, and have the Z97 Chipset are slim pickings.  15 in total I believe?  And I would obviously want a beast overclocker.  This leaves me with the Asus Maximus VII Formula (M7F).  But…  Alas…  It is red...  The MSI Gaming 9 is SUPPOSEDLY going to possibly pick up Green Accents instead of the red ones, so that is a viable option.  But I don’t trust MSI as far as I can throw an Elephant.  I have had nothing but bad luck with their products….   Motherboards and GPU’s alike….  So here, I would LOVE a board that has Wi-Fi/Bluetooth built in, is a good overclocker, and fits my build color wise.  (I wish the Sabertooth had Wi-Fi/Bluetooth, and then I could just paint it…)  But I am open to suggestions if ya’ll have any other than what I said here….  Any way of changing the coloring on the M7F?  That would be AMAZING.  I am willing to experiment.

4.       Processor now…  Keep my current i7-4770k or bump up to i7-4790k.  Exact same chip, just better TIM on the 4790k.  But my processor is such a beast as is.  Granted it takes 1.4v to stay stable at that 5Ghz mark (Which is why I do not run it all the time, only when I need it) but come on.  Haswell at 5.0 GHz?  That is close to unheard of.  Very rare….

5.       What pump should I get?  I will have two large radiators as stated, the GPU block, the CPU block, possibly even a MOBO block like with the M7F.  Is the Swiftech MCP50x enough?  Most places I am reading say it should be for builds that are a little smaller than mine, but is the little extra resistance I am going to have going to be enough to make it not powerful enough?  http://www.swiftech.com/MCP50X.aspx   I want something like this because it can attach directly to the Res (MCP35x Res) so it is a little more streamlined.  Otherwise I would have to mount a pump somewhere if I used something like the MCP655…..

Thank you in advance for reading this, and also thank you in advance for any responses.  If you have questions, I will gladly answer even if it is not related to the advice I am asking, and is just strictly about my build or even advice from me.  I have had TONS of experience working in MANY computers.  I have built every single one of my friends and Family member a computer or two at some point.

TMNT Crew Leader/Co-Founder

Leonardo1364 - Everette Donatello1364 - Chatham Michaelangelo1364 - Brandon April O'neil1364 - Natasha Shredder1364 - Morgan

Still openings left!  Cough Cough......  We don't care if your the best, just have to be respectful and nice!

Sorry, I forgot to say please!  Unacceptable!

Pretty please, I would love opinions on the matter!

Leonardo1364 - Everette Donatello1364 - Chatham Michaelangelo1364 - Brandon April O'neil1364 - Natasha Shredder1364 - Morgan

Still openings left!  Cough Cough......  We don't care if your the best, just have to be respectful and nice!

bump

Wait for next year's new GPUs, CPUs, X99 and whatnot (Broadwell and GTX 8xx).

If your 4770k is at 5GHz, don't even bother getting the 4790k because it's hard to get a chip that will make it to the 4.8GHz, imagine 5GHz.

Get a bigger SSD or the new Samsung 850 Pro series. You already have a $4k build, why not have a bigger and/or slightly better SSD for your games?

CPU: Intel Core i7-4790k | CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15 | Motherboard: ASUS Sabertooth Z97 MARK 1 | Memory: Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB 1866MHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 770 4GB Windforce

Storage: Samsung 840 EVO | PSU: CM Silent Pro 720W | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe | Headset: Corsair Vengeance 2100 | Keyboard: Logitech G710+ | Mouse: Razer DeathAdder Chroma

"You see, one can only be angry with those he respects." - R. Nixon

I doubt they will be releasing a card right away that will beat the 780ti with the first release of a new architecture.

Yeah, I think I will either keep my 4770k, or wait till X99 this Friday.  I am kind of leaning towards X99 and getting the 128gb Samsung XP941 M.2 SSD for the Boot Drive, and then a 6tb Baracuda for everything else.  I have ZERO use for an SSD bigger than about 120.  I want all of my games in one library (OCD would kill me otherwise) and I have 3TB worth of games alone.  Since there are no reasonable SSD's once you get past 1TB.  Even if, those are almost $500 for a 1TB.  6TB are cheaper than that for regular hard drives....  I have a lot of money, but not unlimited.  The 2 seconds it would take off of my load time is not worth the cost to me....

Also, my build was only $2,487.  Not quite $4k.....  Lol