Very Simple Subwoofer Mod (Removing Sharp Edges and bent back cables)

TigerBoy

Hello,

I just wanted to share my very simple subwoofer "fix" that:

Removes the front sharp edges (got a 6 inch cut on my leg from it before)

Place Something at the back to avoid the cables from hitting the wall causing damage to the speaker ports. (the subwoofer is under my desk so i accidentally kick it a lot and my old subwoofer got damaged like that)

My speaker is a 2.1 somewhat cheap one, Creative SBS A320 ($30) since this is the only thing I could shell out since i'm cutting down on stuff.

I went to the hardware to find some things I can use, and here is what I found:

$1.15 - 4 pcs adhesive plastic rubber edge protectors for kids (easy to remove and clean)

$1.15 - 2 pcs door stoppers with 2 screws included

I don't want to damage any part of the speaker since I still value my warranty on it So I avoid creating drill holes, chizzle the edges, or even putting hard core adhesive

Here are some pictures:

Sharp edges on front of subwoofer

(it looks bad at least it is safe and the adhesive is easy to remove but sticks well too)

SAM_1191_zps322fbf1c.jpg

My problem with The Wires

SAM_1193_zpsdea7ddb0.jpg

The stuff I bought in the hardware:

SAM_1195_zps44c2781e.jpg

The back of my speaker

(notice the panel is screwed so i can use the screw of that for the door stopper)

(Also notice the left over double sided tape adhesive, before I try just using a door stopper with DS tape and electrical tape to see if it would hold up)

SAM_1192_zps31cada9e.jpg

I removed the Screw on the top left panel and place it on the washer placer for the door stopper then screwed it in

(best location that won't obstruct wires)

SAM_1196_zps28e44274.jpg

I then rolled my door stopper and here is the end result, it does not look preety, but hey at least My speaker is safe, and i'm safe from my speaker =)

SAM_1201_zps5d8609df.jpg

mod?

mY sYsTeM iS Not pErfoRmInG aS gOOd As I sAW oN yOuTuBe. WhA t IS a GoOd FaN CuRVe??!!? wHat aRe tEh GoOd OvERclok SeTTinGS FoR My CaRd??  HoW CaN I foRcE my GpU to uSe 1o0%? BuT WiLL i HaVE Bo0tllEnEcKs? RyZEN dOeS NoT peRfORm BetTer wItH HiGhER sPEED RaM!!dId i WiN teH SiLiCON LotTerrYyOu ShoUlD dEsHrOuD uR GPUmy SYstEm iS UNDerPerforMiNg iN WarzONEcan mY Pc Run WiNdOwS 11 ?woUld BaKInG MY GRaPHics card fIX it? MultimETeR TeSTiNG!! aMd'S GpU DrIvErS aRe as goOD aS NviDia's YOU SHoUlD oVERCloCk yOUR ramS To 5000C18

yeah it's not much of a mod, but a fix to a simple problem, used this thread as a place holder to share to a friend >.> was thinking of deleting it , but this forum does not have a delete feature

Wish i Just placed it on the Audio section for simple reference >.> my bad,