$2200 Gaming PC Build (Need Experts Help)

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ericspace1/saved/FnVBD3

I'm building this Gaming PC and I would like an expert to look at it before I go ahead and buy the rest of the parts. I am stuck with the motherboard, RAM, hardrive and case. so I can't change that if they are incompatable for some reason.

That's all I got, any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

(I also don't use forums too often so sorry if i'm doing somthing wrong.)

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G55 SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($116.99 @ Amazon) 

Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($83.98 @ OutletPC) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($379.99 @ Newegg) 

Video Card: Gigabyte Radeon R9 290 4GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way CrossFire)  ($379.99 @ Newegg) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($87.99 @ Newegg) 

Monitor: Acer K272HULbmiidp 60Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($399.99 @ Amazon) 

Keyboard: Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($86.00 @ Mechanical Keyboards) 

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 

Total: $2212.52

Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-13 19:16 EDT-0400

Go for a 290x on gpu, 4690k on gpu, you'll also need a z97 motherboard, the z97-a from Asus. Also, go to 8gb of ram.

Diamond 5 in League :)

Save $60 by buying win 8 from the hot deals section and put it towards a better video card. 

AMD FX-8350 @ 4.7Ghz when gaming | MSI 990FXA-GD80 v2 | Swiftech H220 | Sapphire Radeon HD 7950  +  XFX Radeon 7950 | 8 Gigs of Crucial Ballistix Tracers | 140 GB Raptor X | 1 TB WD Blue | 250 GB Samsung Pro SSD | 120 GB Samsung SSD | 750 Watt Antec HCG PSU | Corsair C70 Mil Green

PCPartPicker part list / Price breakdown by merchant

CPU: Intel Core i5-4690K 3.5GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($219.00 @ Amazon) 

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve Bearing CPU Cooler  ($29.98 @ OutletPC) 

Motherboard: MSI Z97-G55 SLI ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($116.99 @ Amazon) 

Memory: G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory  ($83.98 @ OutletPC) 

Storage: A-Data Premier Pro SP900 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($119.99 @ Newegg) 

Storage: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($51.98 @ OutletPC) 

Case: Fractal Design Arc Midi R2 (Black) ATX Mid Tower Case  ($99.99 @ NCIX US) 

Power Supply: EVGA 850W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($76.66 @ Newegg) 

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($87.99 @ Newegg) 

Monitor: Acer K272HULbmiidp 60Hz 27.0" Monitor  ($399.99 @ Amazon) 

Keyboard: Cooler Master Storm QuickFire Rapid Wired Gaming Keyboard  ($86.00 @ Mechanical Keyboards) 

Mouse: Logitech G502 Wired Optical Mouse  ($79.99 @ Amazon) 

Total: $2212.52

Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-13 19:16 EDT-0400

I support this.

Diamond 5 in League :)

Please note I have already bought the case, RAM, motherboard and HD.

Thank you all for the quick responses.

You should probably get a 4770k or the new ones or just an i5. Also the 4GB version of the 770 is pointless. Also maybe 8GB or 12GB of RAM (If 12 is possible) Then you could get a 780 or something.

I can't get a fourth gen intel because they use LGA 1150 and my motherboard is an LGA 1155 socket. I'm going to be using that graphics card for quite a while and from what i have gathered vram is becoming more essential and can be very useful for running skyrim with ENBs for they can need more than 2gb (and I can't play with low frames).

Why did you buy a Z77 motherboard ? I hope you didn't pay $109 for it ? Or is it from a previous build ?

Don't use lga 1155 sell the board and get a 1150 

It was for another computer but I ended up referbishing it and selling it so I ended up with this board, and the other parts.

I can't get a fourth gen intel because they use LGA 1150 and my motherboard is an LGA 1155 socket. I'm going to be using that graphics card for quite a while and from what i have gathered vram is becoming more essential and can be very useful for running skyrim with ENBs for they can need more than 2gb (and I can't play with low frames).

Looks alright but maybe if you don't buy as many fans (or if you need more get some cheaper ones). Money saved can be put towards a 780 or r9 290

i7 4770k currently @ stock | 2x Sapphire r9 290 Tri-x in crossfire | 16 GB GSkill trident X @ 2400 Mhz | Asus z87 Sabertooth | NZXT h440 | NZXT Kraken x60 | Corsair RM1000 | BenQ XL2420TE

It was for another computer but I ended up referbishing it and selling it so I ended up with this board, and the other parts.

And you might want to look at a full size CPU cooler. Your atx case should fit most of them

i7 4770k currently @ stock | 2x Sapphire r9 290 Tri-x in crossfire | 16 GB GSkill trident X @ 2400 Mhz | Asus z87 Sabertooth | NZXT h440 | NZXT Kraken x60 | Corsair RM1000 | BenQ XL2420TE

EDIT: it took me some time to do this so i didn't read the newer replies... whoops

You probably shouldn't grab that many fans, you could invest that money somewhere else.

Does this tickle your fancy?

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Glacer 240L 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($274.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ NCIX US) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($489.99 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 3GB WINDFORCE Video Card (2-Way SLI)  ($489.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($103.35 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2278.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-13 21:03 EDT-0400

The RAM here you can switch out if you want. I would go with two sticks of 8gb ram, but your budget didnt allow. If you're willing to spend $80 more one of the best configurations for this price point i would say go for it. I mean cmon. I put in 780s in sli for you. That itself is amazing. but, it's your choice for the RAM. Something else you could upgrade in the future is another ssd to run in raid or something. Just a suggestion though.

http://pcpartpicker.com/user/ericspace1/saved/FnVBD3

I'm building this Gaming PC and I would like an expert to look at it before I go ahead and buy the rest of the parts. I am stuck with the motherboard, RAM, hardrive and case. so I can't change that if they are incompatable for some reason.

That's all I got, any feedback is appreciated.

Thank you.

(I also don't use forums too often so sorry if i'm doing somthing wrong.)

You should not need the sound card. The on-board sound is quite good.

I would suggest an NH-U12S cpu cooler. It will do a better job.

You can either save on the ssd by getting Mushkin MKNSSDCR120GB-7 or get a larger ssd Mushkin MKNSSDCL240GB-DX for close to the price of the Seagate.

The build is spending more on fans, if one includes the controller, than on the motherboard or psu. Personally I would refrain from buying a whole bunch of fans and a fan controller until it was determined that they are actually needed.

Get a better psu. Something like Antec HCG-620M or SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze.

80+ ratings certify electrical efficiency. Not quality.

And you might want to look at a full size CPU cooler. Your atx case should fit most of them

I wasn't really planning on overclocking, and if I do it would only be a mild one.

EDIT: it took me some time to do this so i didn't read the newer replies... whoops

You probably shouldn't grab that many fans, you could invest that money somewhere else.

Does this tickle your fancy?

CPU Cooler: Cooler Master Glacer 240L 86.2 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler  ($99.99 @ Amazon) 
Motherboard: Asus Z97-DELUXE ATX LGA1150 Motherboard  ($274.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Samsung 840 Pro Series 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($109.99 @ NCIX US) 
Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro ATX Full Tower Case  ($103.35 @ Amazon) 
Total: $2278.90
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-13 21:03 EDT-0400

The RAM here you can switch out if you want. I would go with two sticks of 8gb ram, but your budget didnt allow. If you're willing to spend $80 more one of the best configurations for this price point i would say go for it. I mean cmon. I put in 780s in sli for you. That itself is amazing. but, it's your choice for the RAM. Something else you could upgrade in the future is another ssd to run in raid or something. Just a suggestion though.

I'm kinda stuck with the parts I mentioned earlier, and I was more hoping someone would point out if there are any incompatabilities and so on. I do think that is a great build you put together and I would definitely have built that if I had the chance to.

You should not need the sound card. The on-board sound is quite good.

You can either save on the ssd by getting Mushkin MKNSSDCR120GB-7 or get a larger ssd Mushkin MKNSSDCL240GB-DX for close to the price of the Seagate.

The build is spending more on fans, if one includes the controller, than on the motherboard or psu. Personally I would refrain from buying a whole bunch of fans and a fan controller until it was determined that they are actually needed.

Get a better psu. Something like Antec HCG-620M or SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze.

The soundcard was more to compiment my g430 headset that I didn't list on there (sorry about that) and was more of an extra. I will also check out those powersupplys and run them through jonnyguru.com, and I also forgot to mention that i'm stuck with the fans and the fan controller aswell.

As for the SSD I would rather go with Segate because I already went to them for my HD in this build (I'm weird like that).

My situation with the cpu cooler is that I wan't a slight upgrade from a stock heatsink and want a more lowprofile option as opposed to a full size heatsink, this coincides with the fact that I'm not going to do much overclocking. If anyone has any other suggestions for a lowprofile heatsink please feel free to share.

The soundcard was more to compiment my g430 headset that I didn't list on there (sorry about that) and was more of an extra. I will also check out those powersupplys and run them through jonnyguru.com, and I also forgot to mention that i'm stuck with the fans and the fan controller aswell.

As for the SSD I would rather go with Segate because I already went to them for my HD in this build (I'm weird like that).

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate 600 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($105.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($449.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($102.98 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Acer GN246HL 144Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($257.58 @ Newegg) 
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: SteelSeries 6Gv2 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($98.98 @ Newegg) 
Mouse: SteelSeries Sensei Wired Laser Mouse  ($92.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2193.36
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-14 09:56 EDT-0400 
this would be a better solution. If you take out all the fans, you can upgrade your gpu to a gtx 780!
Wow! 

Motherboard: Asus P8Z77-V LK ATX LGA1155 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ Newegg) 
Storage: Seagate 600 Series 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($105.98 @ Newegg) 
Video Card: MSI GeForce GTX 780 3GB TWIN FROZR Video Card  ($449.99 @ Newegg) 
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 8.1 (OEM) (64-bit)  ($102.98 @ Newegg) 
Monitor: Acer GN246HL 144Hz 24.0" Monitor  ($257.58 @ Newegg) 
Sound Card: Asus Xonar DX 24-bit 192 KHz Sound Card  ($69.99 @ Newegg) 
Keyboard: SteelSeries 6Gv2 Wired Standard Keyboard  ($98.98 @ Newegg) 
Mouse: SteelSeries Sensei Wired Laser Mouse  ($92.98 @ Newegg) 
Total: $2193.36
Generated by PCPartPicker 2014-08-14 09:56 EDT-0400
this would be a better solution. If you take out all the fans, you can upgrade your gpu to a gtx 780!
Wow! 

I will work with this and see what I can do, thank you for the help.

I will work with this and see what I can do, thank you for the help.

No problem, Good Luck!