Sennheiser HD 598 + ModMic for gaming and listening to music.

DazEErR

So my budget is £200 and I need a mic, many years ago I had a PC360 and I loved it, until I broke it lol. Since then Ive only really had run of the mil headsets etc. As Ill be using them for CSGO/BF I went for large sound stage headphones over bass (like BeyerDT770/990). An btw I will be using on board sound for the mean time until I can afford a the Schiit Magni+Modi etc. I also don't really want a desktop/snowball mic as they from what I researched they pick up to much background noise for my liking.

Is this the best choice??

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. - Napoleon Hill

Get the Zalman modmic off of Amazon. I have it and people in my Teamspeak say I sound super clearer over my Logitech headset.

Get the Zalman modmic off of Amazon. I have it and people in my Teamspeak say I sound super clearer over my Logitech headset.

This? http://www.amazon.co.uk/Zalman-ZM-MIC1-ZMMIC1-Lapel-Microphone/dp/B00029MTMQ/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1407881733&sr=8-2&keywords=Zalman

I was originally going to get this: http://www.modmic.com/collections/frontpage/products/modmic-4-0

Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another. - Napoleon Hill

Ye m8

Question, how personally do you attack the mic to yourself? clip it on your shirt or onto the cord of the headset itself?

Question, how personally do you attack the mic to yourself? clip it on your shirt or onto the cord of the headset itself?

You clip it onto the headphone cable. It'll be near your chest, but it'll still pick up your voice clearly. It's got more in-line clips to put on the rest of the cable so the two cables (headphone and modmic) aren't being problematic (getting tangled up with other cables that it could be near, sort-of making them one cable in a sense).

You could clip it closer to your headphones to be closer to your mouth, but I find having it at the chest more practical since it acts like one of those hidden mics that conference speakers use.

Does anyone know roughly how long the cable of the zalman mic is? I cant find it on amazon etc.

Does anyone know roughly how long the cable of the zalman mic is? I cant find it on amazon etc.

I wanna say about 6-7ft.

Is that zip tie in the second pic?