My Experience with the EVGA SC ACX 780 ti

SlaughterSmurf

But before everyone goes MAN YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN 290X AND GOTTEN NEAR THE SAME PERFORMANCE FOR $150 CHEAPER, yes. I know the 290x performs close while only trailing behind about %5-%10 at 1080p, but I wanted to get an EVGA card since I have heard a lot of good things about their customer support. So I got my EVGA 780 ti about I week ago. I have the Superclocked Edition with the ACX cooling unit. So I play at a resolution of 1920x1080, and I am just stunned by the performance. I came from a 7970 ghz edition by XFX and the experience was awful, RMA 3 times long response times by support and it was just bad. But that's not what I am talking about. From what I have seen my performance went up around %50-%100 depending on the game. Keep in mind I was most likely thermal throttling on my 7970, and my 780 ti gets around 1186 mhz boost clock. Here are some performance numbers from MY system. You can see what I am running in my signature. Unless I say otherwise everything is maxed out completely at 1080p and I will be giving the average FPS.

Crysis 3: 48 FPS

Modded Skyrim (Your mileage may vary depending on your mods): 42 FPS

Far Cry 3: 54 FPS

Metro Last Light: 68 FPS

Battlefield 4: 76 FPS

I think my CPU was bottlenecking in Battlefield a bit as I was falling short of other benchmarks... yeah, so not sure what is up with that

Now I just would like to say EVGA support has been fantastic, response times well under 6 hours and the responses even when I gave very broad horrible explanations all they did was give me more answers. They were very friendly and they are great. That is a huge thumbs up for me.

With regards to Overclock, every card is different. With stock voltages I have managed to get it stable at only +50 mhz, which equates to just under 1200 mhz when playing demanding games. I never overclocked my RAM but I imagine I could do that as well. My core temperatures are good, but not amazing. When I did my testing my room was sitting at 29 degrees Celsius which is 7 degrees above room temperature so keep that in mind. After running Unigine Heaven for 20 minutes, my GPU once overclocked peaked at 74 celcius, but the fans were only at %50 and were very quiet. Still at 29 degrees, with %39 fan speed it idles at 30 degrees which is very cool seeing as it is only 1 degree above room temperature while being very silent.. 

Conclusion, the EVGA SC ACX 780 ti is how you say it, a beast. At my resolution nothing except dual card solutions and maybe a Titan Black here and there can beat it. It runs cool, quiet, support by EVGA is great, overclocks fairly well although I would have liked to see it push 1250mhz but 1186 is respectable. Given its $720 price tag would I recommend it? It depends. If you are on a budget and you have to decide between 290x + SSD or something of that nature or a 780 ti, I would go with the 290x + Other stuff. However, if don't have a strict budget, don't want a dual GPU solution such as CF 290 and are not playing at 4k I would recommend this card any day of the week. I guess you could say the 290x is generally a better option but the 780 ti is better at what it does. It gives you cuda for developers, it gives you the hands down best performance (Sub 4k) for under $1000. Would I buy this card again? Hell yes I would. Would I recommend this to a friend who is building a new PC for under $2000? Probably not. This card is for a very specific audience. If you want to have the best performing card sub $1000 for 1440p and below, go for this card. If you are on a budget, then don't.

Um.. Unless you're running SMIM 4k + SharpShooter's (System-Crusher Edition), you should have upwards of 80 FPS.

Um.. Unless you're running SMIM 4k + SharpShooter's (System-Crusher Edition), you should have upwards of 80 FPS.

I have using Realvision ENB Option A FULL, flora overhaul as well as over 100 other graphics mods,using 4k wherever I can.

48fps in Crysis 3? That's strange with two GTX 760s I usually hover around 72. 

48fps in Crysis 3? That's strange with two GTX 760s I usually hover around 72. 

It seems close to Slicks and Logans from TekSyndicates benchmarks, and seeing as they have a better test bench and higher clocks I imagine a 3-4 lower FPS would be normal...

It seems close to Slicks and Logans from TekSyndicates benchmarks, and seeing as they have a better test bench and higher clocks I imagine a 3-4 lower FPS would be normal...

Yes but in Valley, my friends GTX 780 Ti nearly surpasses my SLI, the performance gap is so large here. 

EDIT: in fact last time we benched I'm pretty sure he surpassed me

Yes but in Valley, my friends GTX 780 Ti nearly surpasses my SLI, the performance gap is so large here. 

In valley I get about 10 FPS lower and 500 score lower than my friends CF 7970. If you look at benchmarks I am pretty close to what is expected. I mean with my skyrim I just went all out with no regard for performance. Hell it ran at 25 fps on my 7970...

I get 55 FPS in Far Cry 3 with my R9 270 and a little old Sandy Bridge i3.

But I don't have MSAA enabled.

But before everyone goes MAN YOU COULD HAVE GOTTEN 290X AND GOTTEN NEAR THE SAME PERFORMANCE FOR $150 CHEAPER, yes. I know the 290x performs close while only trailing behind about %5-%10 at 1080p, but I wanted to get an EVGA card since I have heard a lot of good things about their customer support. So I got my EVGA 780 ti about I week ago. I have the Superclocked Edition with the ACX cooling unit. So I play at a resolution of 1920x1080, and I am just stunned by the performance. I came from a 7970 ghz edition by XFX and the experience was awful, RMA 3 times long response times by support and it was just bad. But that's not what I am talking about. From what I have seen my performance went up around %50-%100 depending on the game. Keep in mind I was most likely thermal throttling on my 7970, and my 780 ti gets around 1186 mhz boost clock. Here are some performance numbers from MY system. You can see what I am running in my signature. Unless I say otherwise everything is maxed out completely at 1080p and I will be giving the average FPS.

Crysis 3: 48 FPS

Modded Skyrim (Your mileage may vary depending on your mods): 42 FPS

Far Cry 3: 54 FPS

Metro Last Light: 68 FPS

Battlefield 4: 76 FPS

I think my CPU was bottlenecking in Battlefield a bit as I was falling short of other benchmarks... yeah, so not sure what is up with that

Now I just would like to say EVGA support has been fantastic, response times well under 6 hours and the responses even when I gave very broad horrible explanations all they did was give me more answers. They were very friendly and they are great. That is a huge thumbs up for me.

With regards to Overclock, every card is different. With stock voltages I have managed to get it stable at only +50 mhz, which equates to just under 1200 mhz when playing demanding games. I never overclocked my RAM but I imagine I could do that as well. My core temperatures are good, but not amazing. When I did my testing my room was sitting at 29 degrees Celsius which is 7 degrees above room temperature so keep that in mind. After running Unigine Heaven for 20 minutes, my GPU once overclocked peaked at 74 celcius, but the fans were only at %50 and were very quiet. Still at 29 degrees, with %39 fan speed it idles at 30 degrees which is very cool seeing as it is only 1 degree above room temperature while being very silent.. 

Conclusion, the EVGA SC ACX 780 ti is how you say it, a beast. At my resolution nothing except dual card solutions and maybe a Titan Black here and there can beat it. It runs cool, quiet, support by EVGA is great, overclocks fairly well although I would have liked to see it push 1250mhz but 1186 is respectable. Given its $720 price tag would I recommend it? It depends. If you are on a budget and you have to decide between 290x + SSD or something of that nature or a 780 ti, I would go with the 290x + Other stuff. However, if don't have a strict budget, don't want a dual GPU solution such as CF 290 and are not playing at 4k I would recommend this card any day of the week. I guess you could say the 290x is generally a better option but the 780 ti is better at what it does. It gives you cuda for developers, it gives you the hands down best performance (Sub 4k) for under $1000. Would I buy this card again? Hell yes I would. Would I recommend this to a friend who is building a new PC for under $2000? Probably not. This card is for a very specific audience. If you want to have the best performing card sub $1000 for 1440p and below, go for this card. If you are on a budget, then don't.

I like these impressions where we get a little bit of everything from you experience. Not too long to read and not irrelevant because it is mostly just your impressions about how the experience have been. Nice job :)

I have using Realvision ENB Option A FULL, flora overhaul as well as over 100 other graphics mods,using 4k wherever I can.

I suppose at that mods count you are using some sort of mod manager such as Nexus Mod Manager or alike? If you find the time: Could you send/post it in this thread the complete list of mods you have been using (assuming that this combination of mods have been stable for you ;) ) by copy pasting the list or screenshots or something? The last time I tried modding Skyrim I became a bit over eager compared to me being a noob so I just gave up after using about a week trying to fix it.

If you could do that I could save some time, by just getting the mods which makes the game look great and then get other mods such as Open Cities, Ulitmate Follower Overhaul and alike ;)

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

I get 55 FPS in Far Cry 3 with my R9 270 and a little old Sandy Bridge i3.

But I don't have MSAA enabled.

What? 1080p ultra preset HBAO enabled? 

I guess you just went crazy on graphics settings which use a lot of CPU power.

I like these impressions where we get a little bit of everything from you experience. Not too long to read and not irrelevant because it is mostly just your impressions about how the experience have been. Nice job :)

I suppose at that mods count you are using some sort of mod manager such as Nexus Mod Manager or alike? If you find the time: Could you send/post it in this thread the complete list of mods you have been using (assuming that this combination of mods have been stable for you ;) ) by copy pasting the list or screenshots or something? The last time I tried modding Skyrim I became a bit over eager compared to me being a noob so I just gave up after using about a week trying to fix it.

If you could do that I could save some time, by just getting the mods which makes the game look great and then get other mods such as Open Cities, Ulitmate Follower Overhaul and alike ;)

, I have SMC (Skyrim Mod combiner) maxed so every single mod that can be included is there, so that has over 50 graphics mods in it lots of them are 4k. I have Realvision ENB Option A FULL (So Ambient Occlusion, DOF, Water and everything fancy enabled), then I have...

http://gyazo.com/cacb11b131e17b9f7ccbac90e11a0ccd

http://gyazo.com/ae93a4d0634b70e2f22fdcb2d3b4b987

I guess you just went crazy on graphics settings which use a lot of CPU power.

I literally can't have gone more crazy, except in BF4 where I left resolution scaling at %100 there were no sliders I could turn up, no settings to turn up. No extra filters or anti-aliasing or anything.

What? 1080p ultra preset HBAO enabled? 

1680X1050, SSAO, ultra preset.

That's one hella fast 270... Is it 55 when walking around the jungle? Or in demanding segments such as on a radio tower or in the village or fighting a large amount of enemies?

, I have SMC (Skyrim Mod combiner) maxed so every single mod that can be included is there, so that has over 50 graphics mods in it lots of them are 4k. I have Realvision ENB Option A FULL (So Ambient Occlusion, DOF, Water and everything fancy enabled), then I have...

http://gyazo.com/cacb11b131e17b9f7ccbac90e11a0ccd

http://gyazo.com/ae93a4d0634b70e2f22fdcb2d3b4b987

Really appreciate it :) Maybe now I can finally get back to actually getting my money's worth for buying the legendary edition and all of the DLCs ;)

I literally can't have gone more crazy, except in BF4 where I left resolution scaling at %100 there were no sliders I could turn up, no settings to turn up. No extra filters or anti-aliasing or anything.

Just the way it should be when you have a 780ti running 1080p ;)

The difference is in the AA and resolution ;) 1680*1050 is actually a fair strectch away from full HD :/

Tor
Corsair Obsidian 650D - Intel 4770K CPU - Gigabyte G1 Sniper 5 - ASUS GTX 780 Direct CU 2 - Kingston Beast Hyperx Beast 16 GB RAM -  Corsair AX 1200i PSU - Samsung EVO drive 750 GB - Corsair AF series 120mm fans - Corsair H100i - Razer Blackwidow Ultimate 2013 edition - Razer Ouroboros - Razer Manticor - Windows 7 - Beyerdynamic MMX 300

Really appreciate it :) Maybe now I can finally get back to actually getting my money's worth for buying the legendary edition and all of the DLCs ;)

Just the way it should be when you have a 780ti running 1080p ;)

The difference is in the AA and resolution ;) 1680*1050 is actually a fair strectch away from full HD :/

I basically followed Logans mod list https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Kba2AfNRXM then chose the ones I actually wanted.

Why are there so many rich people. There needs to be less rich people. I feel like a minority with all these people with 780ti and all that bullscheiße.

hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh SWIGGITY SWOOTY I'M COMING FOR THAT BOOTY hehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehhehheh

huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue LINIXTEKTEPS R DE BES I LUV LINUX huehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehuehue

That's one hella fast 270... Is it 55 when walking around the jungle? Or in demanding segments such as on a radio tower or in the village or fighting a large amount of enemies?

I get like 35 when deep in the jungle because I have a bad CPU. And it gets laggy sometimes.

But in Battlefield 3 it's just fine.

Why are there so many rich people. There needs to be less rich people. I feel like a minority with all these people with 780ti and all that bullscheiße.

I'm not rich.

Dude I am 15 and have been working full time for 3 weeks, so being 15 I obv don't have bills and I'll be damned if I spend my money on stuff that isn't my PC or requires me to go outside. So 10x40x3=1200.... WHAT ELSE AM I GOING TO SPEND $1200 ON?! 

I get like 35 when deep in the jungle because I have a bad CPU. And it gets laggy sometimes.

But in Battlefield 3 it's just fine.

Okay THAT makes a lot more sense.

Mine runs about the same, maybe a bit better on some games. 

You also have a better CPU so that would make sense