I've been seeing a lot of people talking about their mounts on the Corsair H100i not sitting properly and/or getting extremely high temperatures. Here is mine solution that has helped a lot of people and 98% of the time has fixed the problems. 

- Here we go-

How I fixed the issue is that I placed rubber o-rings around the back plate "pegs". This allowed a closer fit to the motherboard so the block could tighten all the way down. This fixed my mount and I also replaced the stock thermal compound with IC Diamond - before remount. My temperatures dropped 20c upon fixing the mount for the cooler. Hope this helps everyone. :D

I used size (5/16th O.D. x 3/16" I.D. x 1/16") o-rings, also found them at Lowe's Home improvement

Just like this - ( picture from this build - http://linustechtips...nd-a-small-mod/  )

post-955-0-75889100-1397748942_thumb.jpg

- Hope someone sticks this post :D -

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks 

I've been seeing a lot of people talking about their mounts on the Corsair H100i not sitting properly and/or getting extremely high temperatures. Here is mine solution that has helped a lot of people and 98% of the time has fixed the problems. 

- Here we go-

How I fixed the issue is that I placed rubber o-rings around the back plate "pegs". This allowed a closer fit to the motherboard so the block could tighten all the way down. This fixed my mount and I also replaced the stock thermal compound with IC Diamond - before remount. My temperatures dropped 20c upon fixing the mount for the cooler. Hope this helps everyone. :D

I used size (5/16th O.D. x 3/16" I.D. x 1/16") o-rings, also found them at Lowe's Home improvement

Just like this - ( picture from this build - http://linustechtips...nd-a-small-mod/  )

post-955-0-75889100-1397748942_thumb.jpg

- Hope someone sticks this post :D -

Most people know of this solution, I use a variant myself and there are YouTube tutorials on how to fix it, some more elegantly than others. I managed to work it out myself, as you seem to have done. It's a great solution...I don't think it's worth sticking though.

CPU: 5930K @ 4.5GHz | GPU: Zotac GTX 980Ti AMP! Extreme edition @ 1503MHz/7400MHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Dom Plat @ 2667MHz CAS 13 | Motherboard: Asus X99 Sabertooth | Boot Drive: 400GB Intel 750 Series NVMe SSD | PSU: Corsair HX1000i | Monitor: Dell U2713HM 1440p monitor

Most people know of this solution, I use a variant myself and there are YouTube tutorials on how to fix it, some more elegantly than others. I managed to work it out myself, as you seem to have done. It's a great solution...I don't think it's worth sticking though.

Have you seen how many people post new topics about the H100i problems ?

Spoiler

Project Casper - Glass Tubing Build

Ryzen 9 5905x     |    Gigabyte Aorus Extreme X570    |   Strix 3090

GSkill 64gb 4000mhz   |    EVGA 1600T psu     |      3x Samsung 980 Pro NVME 1tb Raid 0 

4 x Crucial MX500 2tb raid 0   |    Glass Hard Line Tubing  - EKWB Blocks