Open Box GPU Help!?

garyjpaterson

Ok guys, bought this open box GTX570 yesterday from this topic, and it arrived very quickly today.

Comes in an XFX box, but is an MSI TwinFrozeII card. As you can see in the picture, one fan blade is broken and the other fan doesnt spin freely in hand when you push it like the other does.

orNfTBUl.jpg

Anyway i plugged it in, hooked up the 2 6-Pin power connecters then started up the machine. First thing i notice it the slightly stiff fan is not spinning, and then a smell a sort of burning smell. Before the PC even has a chance to start up or show anything on screen i switch it off and unplug!

I was scared it had shorted the PC or something, but everything is fine when i put my 6870 back in.

I dont really know what to do now. Do i put the 570 back in and see if it'll boot properly, and maybe the smell was maybe not burning at all? I'm scared it'll damage my system if theres something wrong with the card.

3770K | GTX970 | 16GB DDR3 | Corsair RM750

Id get in touch with the sellers and request a refund or a new card.

Yeah, just sending them an email right now. Thanks, i'll update when i get a reply.

You have 60day warrenty, ariapc is awesome with customer service.

cpu: intel i5 4670k @ 4.5ghz Ram: G skill ares 2x4gb 2166mhz cl10 Gpu: GTX 680 liquid cooled cpu cooler: Raijintek ereboss Mobo: gigabyte z87x ud5h psu: cm gx650 bronze Case: Zalman Z9 plus

Listen if you care.

Cpu: intel i7 4770k @ 4.2ghz Ram: G skill  ripjaws 2x4gb Gpu: nvidia gtx 970 cpu cooler: akasa venom voodoo Mobo: G1.Sniper Z6 Psu: XFX proseries 650w Case: Zalman H1

Contacted them, they said just to RMA it, so ill send it tomorrow.

I'm hoping they find it is faulty, since im not 100% sure but i really dont want to stick it in my machine again and for it to mess my PC up! Doubt they'll manage to repair it, i may end up with a replacement other than a 570 since they probably wont have any in stock nowadays.

Well looks like good news, just received a message from Aria, saying i will be getting a Brand New replacement! No specifics as to what card, but i'll be happy if its another 570.

maybe you will get a 670 or 580  B)

My Setup :P

Spoiler

Skylake: I7-6700|MSI B150 GAMING M3|16GB GSKILL RIPJAWS V|R9 280X (WILL BE 1070)|CRUCIAL MX300 + WD BLACK 1TB

maybe you will get a 670 or 580  B)

Haha that would be cool, although no need to get my hopes up :P I think even a 660 would a slight step up?

Haha that would be cool, although no need to get my hopes up :P I think even a 660 would a slight step up?

660Ti would be awesome :)

FANBOY OF: PowerColor, be quiet!, Transcend, G.Skill, Phanteks

FORMERLY FANBOY OF: A-Data, Corsair, Nvidia

DEVELOPING FANBOY OF: AMD (GPUS), Intel (CPUs), ASRock

Pretty excited, new GPU should be here in about 4 hours! Strange not knowing what GPU im actually getting, but it was so cheap im not really that bothered, as long as it works. I'll update when it arrives!

Glad i didnt get my hopes up, its still a 570! But super happy with the customer service.

Its a brand new  *working* Gigabyte GV-N570SO-13I, which is a triple fan.

s76j9VHl.jpg