X79-UD5 freezes at Mobo splash screen after installing Titan

ChickenWln

So i installed my new titan and when i turn on my computer it just stays frozen at the motherboard (Gigabyte X79-Ud5) splash screen. When i put in my 560ti it works fine. I had the F9 BIOS and just updated the newest non-beta one F12. Still the same thing, 560ti works, Titan stays frozen at splash screen, help.

My PSU is corsair HX1050 and CPU 3930K

To be more clear about this freezing, i cant get into the Bios any keyboard imputs go unregistered. Also everything lights up as if it were working, and I hear the two beeps just like when it boots corectly.

Keyboard works fine now (switched back to 560ti) have tried to clear CMOS. Also CTRL+ALT+Del works when on the frozen splash screen, but nothing else. After about 2 mins on that screen it turns into the all black screen with the blinking underscore but it never moves and stays like that forever

So I pretty much think it can be one of two things

1. The card was dead out of the box (thankfully the store i bought it from will refund, unfortunately it was the only one in stock so i can't really exchange it)

2. There is a beta driver... I don't really want to install it unless i know it could actually make the Titan work. Unfortunately i can't wait for it to release, there is a small window of time that i can get a refund if it's dead.

anyone know if Gigabyte actually made some compatibility improvements for Titan in that update. http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4049#bios

I personally would try the beta bios, sometimes they fix more than they say in the FAQ.

Assuming you get a new card and it has the same issues, I would try the following:

Try it in a different PCI-E slot

Try different power cords from the PSU

Try unplugging everything, hard drives, ssds, anything and switching to 1 stick of RAM

If all else fails, try putting the card in another PC if possible.

I really think it sounds like an issue with the card, I've not read anything about compatibility issues with Titan and X79 boards but I don't own either so I wouldn't really look for anything about them.

not sure how old your board is but take a look at this

http://www.techpowerup.com/157543/gigabyte-recalling-x79-ud3-ud5-g1-assassin-2-motherboards.html

dont take this as 100% ..... i herd the mother board and gtx 680 or higher has a UEFI bios,  some mother boards dont like that... ..herd. it needs a bios update to fix.

sorry i can find the web site were .seen it

i think your mother board has a switch . it has 2 bios,s,,   so if one gets corrupted  ,you can switch to the other.

so if nothing works give it a try

Downloaded the beta driver, that finally worked. Then I had a problem with the Nvidia drivers not installing because "%1 is not a win32 application" 

I had to restart in safe mode (easier said then done in windows8) and delete the Nvidia corporation folder. All this allowed me to install the new drivers an presto, here I am with my new working titan.
Thanks a lot for your help, now to test this thing out in some games. 

• 2 weeks later...

How did you install the bios to the motherboard? I am having the same issue, X79-UD5 and the Titan, but I don't have a spare GPU to get into the bios menu.

Since your motherboard is posting, I think it might be a defective titan.

FX 4100 @ 4200, MSI GTX 660, CX430, 1TB Barracuda, 320gb Spinpoint, Hyper 212,  MSI 970, 500R, 8GB RAM

defective cards will normally cause a 3beep post code if its an ami bios. ot will give a number on the error display if the board has 1.

freezing after a successfull post tends to mean a parity error where 2 devices cant sync up.

so yeah while you have the 560ti do a bios flash if your manufacturer specifically says it will fix a gfx compatibility problem.

Rig: Intel i7 920 D0 @3.5 | gtx970 | 12 gig Balistix 1333 @ 8-8-8-24 | 2x1TB Spinpoint F3 Raid 0 | 1TB Spinpoint F3 |samsung 840 evo|  Thermaltake 850w Tp |

Xfi extreme gamer | Antec 902

Peripherals: Samsung syncmaster 2494hs @1920/1080 - 60Hz | Q-pad MK85 | g502 | Razor Destructor | Logitech G930 | Logitech 3D pro xtreme | 360 pad | Nitro Wheel