CM Storm RGB?

MDMzach

Does anyone know if Cooler Master will be doing any RGB backlit keyboards? I'm interested because I'm going to purchase a CM Storm Quickfire TK, because I would like to keep the numpad but in the form factor of a tkl. I want Cherry Browns, but they only have a white backlight, whereas I would really like a red backlight.

Thanks guys.

probably not going to, at least for now maybe later, its hard to say

Christian and Proud of it

Please read the CoC                                                                                                                                                                                                                              My Build Log 

Corsair has a 1 year exclusive right to use the RGB Cherry switches. Expect to wait a whole year after Corsair's RGB keyboard release date.

by don't fit, do you mean doesn't suit the keyboard? I have a red and black theme I wanted to follow thats all.

go for the K70 with the black back plate and and the black key caps with red LED, they have it in blue and red cherry mx switches 

CPU, 8350 @ 4.3 ghz | CPU COOLER, Hyper 212 EVO | ,MOBO, Gigabyte UD3 AM3+ 990FX | RAM, 8 gb  G.Skill ripjaw 1866mhz | GPUASUS 7970 | CASE, Corsair 230T black and red STORAGE, WD caviar blue 1 TB 7200 rpm | PSU, XFX 750 watt 80+ gold | Keyboard, K70 mx blue (black/red) | Mouse Razer naga hex, | Monitors, Asus VG248QE 24in 1080p, Dell 24in monitor 1080p |

Corsair has a 1 year exclusive right to use the RGB Cherry switches. Expect to wait a whole year after Corsair's RGB keyboard release date.

I see, ok thanks for that, I think I'll just put up with the white backlight, it doesn't look bad anyway.

go for the K70 with the black back plate and and the black key caps with red LED, they have it in blue and red cherry mx switches 

The K70 was my choice for a long time, especially since they put the browns with the red backlight, but I needed something exactly like the quickfire tk because it has the numpad in a sort of tkl format, with the limited space I have.

Thanks for clearing this up everyone!

If the white back-light is annoying, you could purchase some LED colour changers, don't cost much, ~$15/~£9 shipped.

Here is showing of a few colours on my White Quickfire TK with white LEDs. (Can't show Red, thats not here yet unfortunately)

YF1CKrv.jpg

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

If the white back-light is annoying, you could purchase some LED colour changers, don't cost much, ~$15/~£9 shipped.

Here is showing of a few colours on my White Quickfire TK with white LEDs. (Can't show Red, thats not here yet unfortunately)

YF1CKrv.jpg

Looks amazing, would you mind telling me where you got the colour changers from?

Looks amazing, would you mind telling me where you got the colour changers from?

I picked these ones up.

Seems the Rainbow option has gone, so just pick up a selection of colours, its cheap enough so that I'd probably buy bit more than you need.

It's best to plan out if you want a pattern, then buy just over incase you mess up.

CPU: 6700k GPU: Zotac RTX 2070 S RAM: 16GB 3200MHz  SSD: 2x1TB M.2  Case: DAN Case A4

I picked these ones up.

Seems the Rainbow option has gone, so just pick up a selection of colours, its cheap enough so that I'd probably buy bit more than you need.

It's best to plan out if you want a pattern, then buy just over incase you mess up.

Cheers, I'm just looking for blue to be honest, if I order quantity 1, is that one set? or am I being stupid?

Cheers, I'm just looking for blue to be honest, if I order quantity 1, is that one set? or am I being stupid?

From the price, I think that 1 option is 10 covers. That's how much it has been when it was on massdrop a little while back, or when qwerkeys had it in stock.

YF1CKrv.jpg

Thanks guys, I decided to go into a local computer store, to try the browns and the reds out for myself, and tbh, I have to say I couldn't really feel a big difference between the brown and red switches. I eventually opted for the reds, and the backlight is stunning! I'm really enjoying the red switches. A massive thumbs up for my first mechanical keyboard!