Tesoro Durandal G1N: anything I should be aware of?

FabTheZen

Hello guys, I decided I want a mechanical keyboard, and after searching (and testing) for a while I opted for MX Brown as the switches I want in my keyboard.

Unfortunately the mechanical keyboards available here are extremely costly, so I chose to buy online.

I found this keyboard, the Durandal G1N, for an amazingly cheap price compared to the others (around 110 USD). It looks good, has the features I want, and has the switches I want. It seems it's a bit underrated as a keyboard, maybe for its brand, but do you think of any reason I should not buy this keyboard? Could it be they have second-choice Cherry switches?

Please share your knowledge on the subject, thank you!

http://www.custompcreview.com/reviews/max-keyboard-durandal-g1n-g1nl-mechanical-keyboard-review/10803/

Have a look at that overview, should give you a good idea. They appear to have Cherry switches from that.

Case: Meatbag, humanoid - APU: Human Brain version 1.53 (stock clock) - Storage: 100TB SND (Squishy Neuron Drive) - PSU: a combined 500W of Mitochondrial cells - Optical Drives: 2 Oculi, with corrective lenses.

Thank you, I've read the review (and watched the video-review), it seems it's an ok keyboard to buy for a mechanical first-timer, and offers just the features I need. That sounds great, for the price I'm paying it!

Does anybody have any direct experience anyway?

• 1 month later...

Cherry does not release second rate switches as it would tarnish their brand. The Durandal is one of our best sellers =)

Thank you, I've read the review (and watched the video-review), it seems it's an ok keyboard to buy for a mechanical first-timer, and offers just the features I need. That sounds great, for the price I'm paying it!

Does anybody have any direct experience anyway?

If you still have any questions Id be happy to help =)

For US & Canada Residents: www.tesorogamingusa.com

Keyboard: Lobera Supreme ¦ Mouse: Gandiva ¦ Headset: Kuven ¦

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you! I'm glad to hear that, and thanks for your support! If I find it again around that price it will be mine :D