help me please

Helli, my HP elitebook 8570p has a problem.the problem i am experiencing is that the screen and keyboad light(direct above the screen)is not receiving power,the lower half of the notebook DOES power on with no incorrect flashes or beeps.i have tried .... restarting ,checking ram(swapping entirely, running one in each slot(2 total slots),charging CMOS battery,replacing cmos,connecting to external display(no luck with that) and clearing the ladt bit of power in system,i have also checked the display ribbon behind the screen(dont trust my self to take apart the bottom) please help me

best of luck

Dragon

Have you connected it to an external display to confirm that the rest of the computer works?

If it does work, the only way to fix the screen (assuming it can be fixed) would be to open it up. If you don't trust yourself to do it, take it to a professional repair shop - screen replacements aren't too expensive, even less so if it's something with the cable and not the screen itself.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

has it been acting up lately/did anything off happen when you lost the screen?

has anything been wet around it?

if the cable going to the screen is good and the screen is in good shape you could have lost the backlight and just cant see the image.

if you have no graphics out at all it may be a dead GPU or something in the video circuit or a power rail?

it has not been awaking properly so ive been having to hit win shift crtl b to wake it but other than that its it also power rail is unlikely bc it charges and turns on(below thescreen) if it helps how the screen stopped it was powered off and it took a 1ft ish tumble off a stand onto a cement floor but it fell bottom enclosure first

best of luck

Dragon