Fixing a GPU

aksu255

Hello,

I've got a GTX 980 Ti which is unfortunately not working correctly. When in-game, the GPU works fine for a few minutes, after which the screen freezes on a random solid color and nothing happens afterwards. 

I can't get it replaced, but I'd like to get it working. Already tried to open in up and reapply the thermal paste, with no positive results, however. If anyone has any other recommendations on how to potentially fix a misworking GPU please tell me. I'm ready to go for anything, since it's a quite pricey video card and it would be a pity if I had to throw it away. Also, if anyone knows what I could do with it other than just throw it away, please suggest.

Thanks.

1 minute ago, aksu255 said:

Hello,

I've got a GTX 980 Ti which is unfortunately not working correctly. When in-game, the GPU works fine for a few minutes, after which the screen freezes on a random solid color and nothing happens afterwards. 

I can't get it replaced, but I'd like to get it working. Already tried to open in up and reapply the thermal paste, with no positive results, however. If anyone has any other recommendations on how to potentially fix a misworking GPU please tell me. I'm ready to go for anything, since it's a quite pricey video card and it would be a pity if I had to throw it away. Also, if anyone knows what I could do with it other than just throw it away, please suggest.

Thanks.

try reinstalling the bios 

you can find the bios for your specific gpu here:https://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/