mining in general.

Shd0w2

Hello, I was wondering If I should try and get into mining litecoin and whatever, yet 1. I don't fully understand how it works 2.Could I actually gain money off this?

So, I'm wondering what people use the coins for and if they actually think it's worth it, please show some examples of what you have gotten or can get with coins?

Diamond 5 in League :)

What GPU do you have?

770, I was going to SLI It sometime, I have $240 currently, so I'd need about 120 more.

You can trade them in for money and buy some stuff online i mine litecoins and then trade them for bitcoin and then trade that for paypal. For how it works i am not sure about that completly.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

What GPU do you have?

We need to know this....

CPU Ryzen 5 Asrock B350 Pro 4 / MSI RX580 Gaming / RAM 16 Gigs Corsair Vengeance 3000 / HDD 1TB Seagate Barracuda / SSD Samsung 840 120GB / 500GB Samsung SSD / Case Urban S31 / PSU EVGA G2 750w / Os Windows 10 / Keyboard Corsair K70 / Mouse Razer Naga 2013 (Won it from Linus!!

We need to know this....

770, I will SLI later, but I need $120 so not too soon.

770, I was going to SLI It sometime, I have $240 currently, so I'd need about 120 more.

Mining on a 770 might not be worth it its really not great on my 770 but the 7970 i have mines great. Nvidia cards are not that good for mining amd cards are great for it.

My rig  case- Graphite 600t white CPU-i5 3570k OC 4.0Ghz RAM- 8gb Vengeance memory HDD-WD Black 1tb PSU-tx650 GPU- MSI 770 gameing edition 2gb , gtx 650 1gb Motherboard- asrock extreme 3 z77 Fan controller- NZXT sentry lx CPU cooler- H60 Peripherals- g300 mouse G630 headset k70 silver cherry mx red switches  my free nas nas Case- Dell something.. Ram- 8 gb ecc ddr 2 CPU - Pentium D 3.0ghz HDD currently 160 gb adding 3tb wd red “Sucking at something is the first step to being sorta good at something” –Jake the Dog

770, I will SLI later, but I need $120 so not too soon.

Don't mine on a 770. You will be waisting your time.

Don't mine on a 770. You will be waisting your time.

Okay, but can you tell me a good graphics card to get+ how much I might be earning and stuff.

Okay, but can you tell me a good graphics card to get+ how much I might be earning and stuff.

Get something Like an R9 280X.

One of those will make about $100 per month. But probably less due to how fast difficulty is increasing. 

Get something Like an R9 280X.

One of those will make about $100 per month. But probably less due to how fast difficulty is increasing. 

$100 per month if it was ALWAYS on mining?

$100 per month if it was ALWAYS on mining?

Yes, if it was mining 24/7. And that doesn't even include electricity costs.

Yes, if it was mining 24/7. And that doesn't even include electricity costs.

Shit... That does not seem worth it at all.... BYE MINING cya later.

Shit... That does not seem worth it at all.... BYE MINING cya later.

Yea,it isn't worth it unless you got into mining a while ago, when the difficulty was way lower and the price of cards was nearly $150 cheaper. 

Take me for example, I started mining 2-3 months ago. I initially got 7x R9 280X's, 3 R9 290's, and 1 HD 6850 that was laying around. That stuff is close to paying itself already. 

Yea,it isn't worth it unless you got into mining a while ago, when the difficulty was way lower and the price of cards was nearly $150 cheaper. 

Take me for example, I started mining 2-3 months ago. I initially got 7x R9 280X's, 3 R9 290's, and 1 HD 6850 that was laying around. That stuff is close to paying itself already. 

Wow, well, I don't mind it that much anyway, but good luck to you.

Nvidia cards really are not best suited for mining. AMD cards is where its at. Thats not saying you cannot mine with that card you just may not get the results you were expecting out of it.

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram

Well, Well, Well it seems we all know why the 280x's are out of stock. Right before I was about to buy one too this price jump crap happens

Corsair C70 | Gigabyte Widnforce R9 280x | AMD FX8320 3.5ghz | Corsair 750m | Gigabyte 990FXA-ud3 | Mushkin 120gb SSD | Seagate Barracuda 1tb | Mushkin 16gb ddr3 1333mhz Ram