Would this work?

Lil Ramen

Hello. I have an old 2014 HP 15 Notebook. It's an AMD A6 6310 with 4 GB of 800mhz RAM and a 5400 RPM drive. HP originally sold this laptop for $230, as they do the newer versions of this laptop. The hinges are completely broken, so I have to prop it up on a wall, and the battery lasts a whopping 40 seconds. I should be getting a new PC within the next few months so I plan to take this laptop apart and make it into an all in one PC, put it up to 8 GB of faster RAM and a smaller SSD. Would this plan work? How much would I be able to sell it for? Already it's decent at 1080p60fps streaming from YouTube, and also playing games like Half Life 2 or Day Of Defeat Source at highest settings 768p.

it could technicly work, but get ready with a drill for that, and a way to actually mount your cooling

it would work but as it's a laptop the mb would be a weird shape and wont be able to be installed in a pc case. the cpu would also be slower then a pc built one as it is slowed down to allow for lower heat and power use. so while it is possible it properly shouldn't be done.  

Just now, deadless said:

it would work but as it's a laptop the mb would be a weird shape and wont be able to be installed in a pc case. the cpu would also be slower then a pc built one as it is slowed down to allow for lower heat and power use. so while it is possible it properly shouldn't be done.  

That's why I said an all in one, making a custom case. 

2 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

it could technicly work, but get ready with a drill for that, and a way to actually mount your cooling

I think that could be easier than it sounds. Maybe. 

1 minute ago, Lil Ramen said:

I think that could be easier than it sounds. Maybe. 

there are two kinds of people here. this might be the one that can actually work with anything bigger than a screwdriver

4 minutes ago, Lil Ramen said:

That's why I said an all in one, making a custom case. 

then yeah it should work

5 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

there are two kinds of people here. this might be the one that can actually work with anything bigger than a screwdriver

I have a 5 pound sledgehammer if that'll help

Just now, Lil Ramen said:

I have a 5 pound sledgehammer if that'll help

yeah, that's not going to work well for this