AVR?

GameRigz

High i recently built my budget gaming rig. I notice that our wall sockets are grounded so i used a ECO power AVR, can i ask it's natural for the avr always on? since i encounter that my avr doesn't protect my pc when it's turn off and it ground my pc. I know that when it's off it's should not working or no power at all but my pc still grounded. Is it my AVR is busted? should i go and replace it under warranty.

Ok, I think I understand what is what. I assume you're American.

First, this 'AVR' you've got, is it grounded (as in third pin)? if not, nothing plugged into it will be grounded. Regardless of it's on/off state.

If it is then everything plugged into it should be grounded at all times, again regardless of on/off state.

Here in Aus it's a federal requirement. Iirc it's the same in the US for the most part.

-アパゾ

50 minutes ago, APasz said:

Ok, I think I understand what is what. I assume you're American.

First, this 'AVR' you've got, is it grounded (as in third pin)? if not, nothing plugged into it will be grounded. Regardless of it's on/off state.

If it is then everything plugged into it should be grounded at all times, again regardless of on/off state.

Here in Aus it's a federal requirement. Iirc it's the same in the US for the most part.

I see.

2 hours ago, APasz said:

I assume you're American.

I wouldn't.  At least not North American.  Probably from South America.

OP:   Make sure your outlets are grounded.  An AVR doesn't address that.  All an AVR does is bucks or boosts voltage if they drop or spike out of the nominal range.  That's what AVR stands for "Automatic Voltage Regulator".  It doesn't stand for "Magic Earth Ground Creator".