Bsod "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT"

Basically, I was using my computer for basic tasks for the past couple months, no games no nothing but google and VB. Today I had friends over and decided to let them play some games on my computer since both of them own macs. They start up CS:GO, game runs for a couple of mins then BOOM BSOD, I shut off the computer and go into bios, I disable any small oc I had and just basically reset all settings. Pc start normally, I look at temps-all fine, Ill look at cpu speed-stock. I run cinebench and before the squares even appear B O O M. Basically I've tried everything and cannot for the love of god figure what is up. The code I got on the bsod read "CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT". I have a tiny suspicion it could be my ps since it started   making noises recently, but the noises could also just be the bearing of the fan :/ Also one more thing, the pc crashes only when running something somewhat demanding, like video games and cine-bench.

bsoooooooooood.jpg

ok so first off

i feel sorry for your friends over there with their macs

anyways

if your computer does that, it simply crashed. just let it reboot, and thats it. you dont need to fuck with the bios

though ever thought of checking google?

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT is a common BSOD error essentialy saying theres an error with your overclock

turn off all your overclocking and you should be fine

and for your PSU, if it is having problems, or the fan is dieing replace it. you can get a 500W on amazon for 30$

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

Just now, LamoidZombieDog said:

ok so first off

i feel sorry for your friends over there with their macs

anyways

if your computer does that, it simply crashed. just let it reboot, and thats it. you dont need to fuck with the bios

though ever thought of checking google?

CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT is a common BSOD error essentialy saying theres an error with your overclock

turn off all your overclocking and you should be fine

and for your PSU, if it is having problems, or the fan is dieing replace it. you can get a 500W on amazon for 30$

I went into bios earlier and just smashed that reset button as hard as I could thinking that would be it, but nope, stocks speeds n all still brings me to the good ol blue boi

1 minute ago, no-name said:

I went into bios earlier and just smashed that reset button as hard as I could thinking that would be it, but nope, stocks speeds n all still brings me to the good ol blue boi

dont reset your bios just because you get an error.. 

Read this:

The CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error means that your processor is having trouble with cooperation from its cores and threads. Threads are tasks taken by cores, and some cores can take many threads simultaneously. The problem here is that a thread is waiting for a proper response from another thread — or a core is waiting for a response from another core — and those responses aren’t coming.

Therefore, you get this BSoD error. While this is a processor problem, this can be caused by two things: a driver error, which is very likely if you’re using Windows 10, or the OS itself isn’t playing nice with the processor.

to check all your drivers are good, rightclick your windows button and click device manager. from there open every drop down arrow, and inspect everything. Mainly your processor info. make sure theres no yellow triangles with ! inside them. if you have one, it means its out of date. to update it, right click it and click update. let windows auto update it, which it can usualy do fine. otherwise youw ill have to download drivers for your CPU specificly and install them.

If my Response helped you, Please click the Check under my reply, to mark it as The Solution!

4 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

dont reset your bios just because you get an error.. 

Read this:

The CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT error means that your processor is having trouble with cooperation from its cores and threads. Threads are tasks taken by cores, and some cores can take many threads simultaneously. The problem here is that a thread is waiting for a proper response from another thread — or a core is waiting for a response from another core — and those responses aren’t coming.

Therefore, you get this BSoD error. While this is a processor problem, this can be caused by two things: a driver error, which is very likely if you’re using Windows 10, or the OS itself isn’t playing nice with the processor.

to check all your drivers are good, rightclick your windows button and click device manager. from there open every drop down arrow, and inspect everything. Mainly your processor info. make sure theres no yellow triangles with ! inside them. if you have one, it means its out of date. to update it, right click it and click update. let windows auto update it, which it can usualy do fine. otherwise youw ill have to download drivers for your CPU specificly and install them.

I've tried that, everything in my cp is up to date and seems to be properly working. I'm going to try to update my bios real quick (also computer crashed as I was typing this up, NICE now it crashes in light tasks too! :) )

16 minutes ago, no-name said:

I've tried that, everything in my cp is up to date and seems to be properly working. I'm going to try to update my bios real quick (also computer crashed as I was typing this up, NICE now it crashes in light tasks too! :) )

yes, update your bios. let me know what happens

34 minutes ago, LamoidZombieDog said:

yes, update your bios. let me know what happens

yeah... nothing, updates bios, bunch of drivers in control panel , still crashes when I start cinebench.

1 minute ago, no-name said:

yeah... nothing, updates bios, bunch of drivers in control panel , still crashes when I start cinebench.

you may need to reformat your pc then.. make sure theres no windows updates or drivers that have to be fixed, otherwise you may have to just reformat it