Intel fanboy gone AMD

I have always had an Intel CPU and only started considering AMD since Ryzen.

Yesterday i upgraded to Ryzen and i want to get the most out of it.

What are some things that i might have missed?

like the power plan for example, i dont have the "Ryzen performance" power plan available, is the normal performance plan the same?.

How does Ryzen master work since i dont see the clocks change when trying cinebench, what are the safe values for PPT, TDC and EDC?

thanks in advance

my specs: 

CPU: ryzen 7 2700x with the stock cooler

MOBO: gigabyte aorus x470 gaming 7

RAM: 16gb compatible hyperx predator 3200mhz sticks

GPU: gigabyte 1080ti

PSU: Corsair HX850

Storage: samsung 970 evo 500gb, 1TB wd blue

You get the Ryzen power plans when you install the AMD chipset drivers from AMD.com. It's a good idea to keep those updated :) 

PC Specs - AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D MSI B550M Mortar - 32GB Corsair Vengeance RGB DDR4-3600 @ CL16 - ASRock RX7800XT 660p 1TBGB & Crucial P5 1TB Fractal Define Mini C CM V750v2 - Windows 11 Pro

1 minute ago, NelizMastr said:

You get the Ryzen power plans when you install the AMD chipset drivers from AMD.com. It's a good idea to keep those updated :) 

I only got the Ryzen Balanced power plan, will try to download all the drivers again tonight, maybe something went wrong.

23 minutes ago, Jannicks said:

I only got the Ryzen Balanced power plan, will try to download all the drivers again tonight, maybe something went wrong.

Ryzen Balanced is correct, if you are seeing that you have the chipset drivers installed.  You won't see "Ryzen Performance" listed, that's not a thing.  

Ryzen 2600 - Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 - Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - Corsair Force MP500 NVMe PCIe M.2 240GB - 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB - 

AsRock B450 PRO4 - Deepcool Earlkase Case -  Seasonic Foucus+ 650

Just now, Reznik said:

Ryzen Balanced is correct, if you are seeing that you have the chipset drivers installed.  You won't see "Ryzen Performance" listed, that's not a thing.  

Ohh but i read something about Ryzen performance plan giving better performance than balanced.
which plan do i use? i want max performance

1 minute ago, Jannicks said:

Ohh but i read something about Ryzen performance plan giving better performance than balanced.
which plan do i use? i want max performance

Like I said, Ryzen Performance plan isn't a thing.  You should see Ryzen Balanced and High Performance.  You can see the difference between the two by scrolling down and expanding the settings, the main difference being the processor power management, minimum and maximum state.  I would use Ryzen Balanced, the CPU will boost when needed.  

As for performance on Ryzen, a big factor is RAM speed.  Make sure that 3200 kit you've got is running at the fastest speed you can as often the BIOS will default it to 2133.  

Ryzen 2600 - Sapphire Pulse Vega 56 - Corsair Vengeance LED DDR4 3000 C15 2x8GB - Corsair Force MP500 NVMe PCIe M.2 240GB - 2x Seagate Barracuda 2TB - 

AsRock B450 PRO4 - Deepcool Earlkase Case -  Seasonic Foucus+ 650