Can't associate json file type

keskparane
Go to solution Solved by GoodBytes,
11 hours ago, keskparane said:

So it seems to me that Windows 10 has recently lost the ability to associate the json file type. I currently assume this is due to the cumulative update KB4467702 but can't remember when I last opened a json file so it may have been earlier. Anyone know how to fix this?

I remember there used to be a file extensions window you could open and edit but I can't seem to find it anywhere and suspect it has been removed.

If you update to October Update (1809), then the issue should be fixed.

So it seems to me that Windows 10 has recently lost the ability to associate the json file type. I currently assume this is due to the cumulative update KB4467702 but can't remember when I last opened a json file so it may have been earlier. Anyone know how to fix this?

I remember there used to be a file extensions window you could open and edit but I can't seem to find it anywhere and suspect it has been removed.

If you're interested in a product please download and read the manual first.

Don't forget to tag or quote in your reply if you want me to know you've answered or have another question.

11 hours ago, keskparane said:

If you update to October Update (1809), then the issue should be fixed.