Laptop Upgrade

ELSabio

Hello there,

I have a Samsung RC530 with a wd7500bpvt-35hxzt1 on board, and as I'm watching many people saying it is a good idea to upgrade to a ssd from an old HDD to improve overall PC performance I would like to ask you a silly thing.

Can the new SSD become "underused" because my laptop is SATA1? I don't understand this pretty well and I don't know if this will be a bottleneck to the performance of the SSD. I mean, what if I have a disc capable of huge amounts of data being read or written but my SATA connection just allows to read/write at lower speeds?

I'm thinking about changing it to a 250Gb Samsung EVO 860 by the way.

Awesome forum, thank you guys.

13 minutes ago, ELSabio said:

Hello there,

I have a Samsung RC530 with a wd7500bpvt-35hxzt1 on board, and as I'm watching many people saying it is a good idea to upgrade to a ssd from an old HDD to improve overall PC performance I would like to ask you a silly thing.

Can the new SSD become "underused" because my laptop is SATA1? I don't understand this pretty well and I don't know if this will be a bottleneck to the performance of the SSD. I mean, what if I have a disc capable of huge amounts of data being read or written but my SATA connection just allows to read/write at lower speeds?

I'm thinking about changing it to a 250Gb Samsung EVO 860 by the way.

Awesome forum, thank you guys.

Sata 1 speeds go up to 1,5 gigabit. About 200 megabytes/second

The 860 evo is meant for 6 gigabit and has way higher read/write speeds than sata1 can handle. Maybe a cheaper option would actually be better here