Ram speed

Ram speed is important for accessing storage. It's called Random Access Memory for a reason, so if large amounts of data need to be accessed and processed quickly, you need ram with a high clock speed and low latency. Additionally, Ryzen uses a technology called Infinity Fabric for their cores to communicate, which is also dependent on ram speeds.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

5 minutes ago, Mugenjynn said:

Why does ram speed matter? What does it effect?

The faster the speed of the RAM the more times it can be written to, or read each second. This effects the responsiveness of programs, and they OS, the efficiency of  processors esp. the CPU, is also affected. Basically having RAM that is too slow can bottleneck the entire system, and can even greatly affect gaming performance, but slow RAM is more obvious in productivity applications, and everyday use.

In search of the future, new tech, and exploring the universe! All under the cover of anonymity!