Still no display after replacing HDD and PSU. Got CMOS fail error.

sayrielsalubod

Good day. I have a previous thread mentioning about HDD failure and/or PSU failure. I already replaced my PSU with Corsair VS450 and bought WD green 120GB SSD Monday last week. After replacing those components, my PC runs at last. But the day after, my PC did not display ANYTHING, just black screen and have orange light indicating it does not receive any signal. All fans were spinning, SSD was running, even my HDD is spinning. This happens a lot of times. There's also a rare chance that my PC will post but it says "CMOS FAIL. Press DEL to enter Setup." In this state, all my components, like RAM, Processor, SSD, HDD are detected. And when I press Delete, display turns black with the green light - sign for receiving display signal. I have read some troubleshooting guides and tried to do what they suggest.

I have tried these following:

* Holding the power button for a few seconds till PC turns off then turning on again. (does nothing)   

* Removing GPU and use integrated display (does nothing)

* Placing RAm to other slot (does nothing)

* Dust cleaning (does nothing)

* trying another display cable, power cable and display. (does nothing)

* Clearing CMOS via jumper (does nothing)

* Removing CMOS battery for a few minutes then putting it back. (does nothing)

* Replacing CMOS battery with a new one (does nothing)

This is really depressing. I don't really know what to do. Please help.

4 minutes ago, Crunchy Dragon said:

Are you able to try another motherboard?

Have integrated CPU on my mobo. Can't really find another to test it out. By the way, I have Biostar A68N-5545M motherboard with on-board AMD A8 5545M prcoessor.

3 minutes ago, sayrielsalubod said:

Have integrated CPU on my mobo. Can't really find another to test it out. By the way, I have Biostar A68N-5545M motherboard with on-board AMD A8 5545M prcoessor.

CMOS failure could be a motherboard problem, that's why I suggested it. If possible, you could rule out your GPU, RAM, PSU, and HDD by using a different system.

Quote or tag me( @Crunchy Dragon) if you want me to see your reply

If a post solved your problem/answered your question, please consider marking it as "solved"

Community Standards // Join Floatplane!

Just now, Crunchy Dragon said:

CMOS failure could be a motherboard problem, that's why I suggested it. If possible, you could rule out your GPU, RAM, PSU, and HDD by using a different system.

I'll try.