Lately my computer started crashing when I played games or surfed the web, that it normally eats for breakfast. I built it about a year and a half ago. It has a i5 6600k, 8gb ram, and gtx 1060. The error codes are DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL then BAD_POOL_HEADER and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Switching the ram cards slots and taking out the graphics card stopped the crashing but now I can't game. I would greatly appreciate some input.

7 minutes ago, Cleedus777 said:

Lately my computer started crashing when I played games or surfed the web, that it normally eats for breakfast. I built it about a year and a half ago. It has a i5 6600k, 8gb ram, and gtx 1060. The error codes are DRIVER_CORRUPTED_EXPOOL then BAD_POOL_HEADER and IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Switching the ram cards slots and taking out the graphics card stopped the crashing but now I can't game. I would greatly appreciate some input.

Sounds like either 1: a bad Driver for your Graphics, or 2: A bad or corrupt windows file. The two options I would recommend to try and fix it, is to completely uninstall the NVIDIA software and driver from your machine then reinstall it. If it still occurs after that, attempt running an SFC /scannow, and if it still continues, try a re-installation of Windows

I've gotten IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL from kicking my computer.

Don't ask.

It may mean you've physically dislodged something.

Upcoming Build

Intel i9 9700K

Custom Loop

ASUS Z390-F Gaming Motherboard

16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3200Mhz G.Skill Trident Z RGB

RTX 2070 Super

Samsung 970 Evo M.2 SSD

Intel Optane 32 GB

Seagate Firecuda SSHD

Daily Driver

AMD Ryzen 7 2700X @ 4.3 Ghz

NZXT Kraken X62

ASUS X470-F Gaming Motherboard

16 GB (2x8GB) DDR4 2933Mhz G.Skill Trident Z RGB

RX Vega 56 8GB

Samsung 970 Evo M.2 SSD

Samsung 860 SATA SSD 

Seagate Firecuda SSHD

Honestly, sometimes just reseating memory and GPU could fix your problems... If I am understanding correctly, you took your graphics card out and as long as it is out you aren't having any issues?

If that's the case, you could try updating your graphics card drivers. Have you updated your graphics drivers recently? You might want to uninstall your graphics drivers and try an older version. If you have another computer you can try the graphics card in, test the card that way. It's terrible when it happens, but sometimes graphics cards can go bad at some point and they don't always give obvious symptoms like artifacting. You probably (hopefully) don't have a bad GPU, but just something to consider.