Help with my uncle's gaming system

Galion

We've tested most of the parts except for the graphics card, we couldn't decide between these few cards :

Gigabyte RX Vega 56 8gb

Gigabyte GTX 1070Ti 8gb windforce OC

ASUS STRIX RX Vega 56 8gb OC

ASUS Turbo GTX 1070Ti 8gb

Sapphire Nitro+ Limited edition RX Vega 56 8gb

MSI Gaming-X GTX 1070Ti 8gb

Here are the spec of the system :

Cpu: Ryzen 2600X (overclocked to 4.0 by my cousin Eric) 

Motherboard : MSI B450 PRO Carbon AC 

Ram : Corsair Vengeance Pro ddr4 3000mhz (overclocked to 3499mhz by my cousin Eric) 

PSU : Corsair RM750I (Limited edition White) 

This is going to be my and Eric's birthday present to him, we hope to get the best system we can to match the monitor he just bought. 

Monitor : LG 1080p, 100hrtz, 3msec refresh rate, scolour 99%,HDR10 450nitz, (freesync 2 promoted on box) 

35 inch ultra-wide 

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

since the monitor is freesync, then the amd platform would be a better sort for gaming

Gigabyte RX Vega 56 8gb

ASUS STRIX RX Vega 56 8gb OC

Sapphire Nitro+ Limited edition RX Vega 56 8gb

personally, the strix might be the better play, but the limited is 'supposed' to deliver better cooling.

I would go for a 1070ti instead of the Vega 56 as you get slightly better performance and I prefer Nvidia in general for CPU's as they have all the patented software and can use AMD or Nvidia but it does come with a price. I don't know how much you can pay for it, but I don't think the 10 series GPU's are being sold anymore so you may have to go used. If you want to overclock the 1070 ti I would go evga and the Asus is ok.

Current Gaming build:

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800x
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100i Platinum
Motherboard: ASRock X570 Taichi

Memory: 2x8GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3000mhz 15-17-17-35

Graphics Card: Geforce RTX 2080

Graphics Card Cooler: EVGA XC Ultra Gaming
Storage: 500GB Samsung 860 EVO, 1TB Western Digital Blue
PSU: Thermaltake Smartpower 750W
Case: Corsair 460x Black
Case Cooling: A mix and match of fans ?
Peripherals:

Monitor: HP 27ea
Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB MK.2 SE
Mouse: Corsair Glaive Black
Headphones: Corsair HS60
Microphone: Blue Snowball Black Edition

"Gaming" Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Mid-2012 with Nvidia Geforce Now

15 minutes ago, MrChemistryCow9 said:

I would go for a 1070ti instead of the Vega 56 as you get slightly better performance and I prefer Nvidia in general for CPU's as they have all the patented software and can use AMD or Nvidia but it does come with a price. I don't know how much you can pay for it, but I don't think the 10 series GPU's are being sold anymore so you may have to go used. If you want to overclock the 1070 ti I would go evga and the Asus is ok.

The ones I listed are still in stock, EVGA was our fist choice but the evga gtx 1070ti ftw silent edition was sold out

15 minutes ago, airdeano said:

since the monitor is freesync, then the amd platform would be a better sort for gaming

personally, the strix might be the better play, but the limited is 'supposed' to deliver better cooling.

So strix or sapphire, it's hard to decide oh will either fit into a Fractal design meshify c 

Best Value Build List

Budget 1080p System (RGB) https://pcpartpicker.com/list/7v2Lmq - (this build comes with two free games with the RX 570) 

The vega 56 and 1070ti will push 1080p 100fps no problem so either is a fine choice.

On 11/4/2018 at 8:13 AM, Galion said:

The ones I listed are still in stock, EVGA was our fist choice but the evga gtx 1070ti ftw silent edition was sold out

In stock for $399

https://www.evga.com/products/product.aspx?pn=08g-p4-6678-kr

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

I would perfer a 1070Ti, but i don't have any freesync monitor, to know what it feels like. But if vega 56 is cheaper go for it.

2 hours ago, DOGEY said:

I would perfer a 1070Ti, but i don't have any freesync monitor, to know what it feels like. But if vega 56 is cheaper go for it.

The strix abit more expensive against the sapphire but both are cheaper, I was thinking I'll get the better asus one what's another $25 anyways. 

Thanks guys

Best Value Build List

43 minutes ago, Galion said:

Thanks but it won't arrive before his birthday party

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1381281-REG/evga_08g_p4_6678_kr_geforce_gtx_1070_ti.html

Free next day shipping to Philly.

i9-9900k @ 5.1GHz || EVGA 3080 ti FTW3 EK Cooled || EVGA z390 Dark || G.Skill TridentZ 32gb 4000MHz C16

970 Pro 1tb || 860 Evo 2tb || BeQuiet Dark Base Pro 900 || EVGA P2 1200w || AOC Agon AG352UCG

Cooled by: Heatkiller || Hardware Labs || Bitspower || Noctua || EKWB

7 hours ago, TahoeDust said:

Nvm we bought him the strix

Best Value Build List