Folder Size in Windows Explorer

Hi there!

I'm looking for a plugin for Windows Explorer that won't give my computer the flu!

Normally I'd use something like Windirstat but I was just wondering if anyone knew of something that may work with Windows. I'm guessing the OS does not support this out the box becaue its probably quite intensive for everytime that you start up file explorer but something that you can toggle on or off surely would be useful!

All help appreciated and Mods, if I'm in the wrong forum for this thread, please feel free to move me! :D

Thanks!

5 minutes ago, Slottr said:

What are you wanting?

I'm assuming they want to see how much space does a folder takes up at all times.

Make sure to quote or tag people, so they get notified.

I'd imagine tracking that all the time would take up a serious amount of power.

Sticking to Windirstat is probably your best option.

On 11/3/2018 at 10:27 PM, Cyberspirit said:

I'd imagine tracking that all the time would take up a serious amount of power.

Sticking to Windirstat is probably your best option.

Yeah but I think it would be a nice plug in if you could toggle it on or off, let’s face it we’ve all been there when we wanted to know the size of folders at one point or another

5 hours ago, rob3342421 said:

Yeah but I think it would be a nice plug in if you could toggle it on or off, let’s face it we’ve all been there when we wanted to know the size of folders at one point or another

Yep, and it was only right click > properties away.

Honestly I don't know of anything that constantly keeps track of all file sizes on Windows (which takes a while if you check a large folder). You could look for an alternate explorer that does show it perhaps.

Crystal: CPU: i7 7700K | Motherboard: Asus ROG Strix Z270F | RAM: GSkill 16 GB@3200MHz | GPU: Nvidia GTX 1080 Ti FE | Case: Corsair Crystal 570X (black) | PSU: EVGA Supernova G2 1000W | Monitor: Asus VG248QE 24"

Laptop: Dell XPS 13 9370 | CPU: i5 10510U | RAM: 16 GB

Server: CPU: i5 4690k | RAM: 16 GB | Case: Corsair Graphite 760T White | Storage: 19 TB

6 hours ago, rob3342421 said:

I use Total Commander for all my file explorer needs and, when I need to know folder sizes, I just check it in properties.