Razer Screen Replacement

KevinZw0

Hello guys, a few days ago my early 2016 Razer Blade's screen decided to flicker and after taking it to a computer repair and testing it myself, it was determined that the laptop was fine, only the display was damaged possibly from just opening and closing the laptop. Everything works perfectly when connected to an external monitor and there is no flicker. Even the touchscreen works perfectly. The only thing wrong is that when trying to display, the screen flickers like crazy. The computer repair said they could not find a screen replacement so they cannot help me.

I would like to know if any of you know where I can buy one so I can replace the broken screen. I would hate to send it to razer because they are charging a ridiculous fee to fix this. 

Since the touchscreen is fine, do I just need an lcd replacement which may be cheaper?

26 minutes ago, KevinZw0 said:

Hello guys, a few days ago my early 2016 Razer Blade's screen decided to flicker and after taking it to a computer repair and testing it myself, it was determined that the laptop was fine, only the display was damaged possibly from just opening and closing the laptop. Everything works perfectly when connected to an external monitor and there is no flicker. Even the touchscreen works perfectly. The only thing wrong is that when trying to display, the screen flickers like crazy. The computer repair said they could not find a screen replacement so they cannot help me.

I would like to know if any of you know where I can buy one so I can replace the broken screen. I would hate to send it to razer because they are charging a ridiculous fee to fix this. 

Since the touchscreen is fine, do I just need an lcd replacement which may be cheaper?

If you are still under warranty from Razer, you should contact them.

I once did the unthinkable, back many headphones ago...

I split an audio split, again

19 hours ago, EnergyEclipse said:

If you are still under warranty from Razer, you should contact them.

Sadly, it is not. It has been 2 years since I have had this laptop and the warranty was only a year. If I can only find a screen replacement, I could buy it and possibly do it myself or take it to the computer repair store near me. However, I don't really know much about tech so I am not sure what exactly I should buy. My razer blade is the early 2016 model if that helps anyone identify a screen online available to purchase.