Difficulty booting into windows

Hey guys, so I have this new build and I've OC'd it and it seems like sometimes it has trouble booting to my primary drive.

I have a Samsung 960 PRO Nvme drive in the top M.2 slot and a WD Blue SATA in the 2nd M.2 slot. Recently I rebooted and was surprised to find myself in the BIOS. I looked for my boot devices and they weren't there, none of my storage was listed.

So I rebooted and purposefully went into the BIOS, where my boot devices were back and everything was in order, with the Windows boot drive (Samsung 960) at the top. After another reboot, after POST it went to a black screen with the underscore flickering. It would then go black for a second, then underscore, and black again a few times, before booting to a bootable USB I had left in. I removed that, and then rebooted again. Same deal though, it would flicker between underscore to black screen and underscore again 4-5 times before finally booting into windows.

Any clue as to what that indicates?

Thanks

Your CPU overclock may be messing with your PCIe lanes.

I would try putting the CPU back at stock frequency and voltage. If your boot drives are detected consistently at stock CPU settings, then you can start overclocking it again in small increments.

4 hours ago, RainfallWithin said:

Your CPU overclock may be messing with your PCIe lanes.

I would try putting the CPU back at stock frequency and voltage. If your boot drives are detected consistently at stock CPU settings, then you can start overclocking it again in small increments.

It may have been something like that. I updated my bios and the problem persisted, so I reset default and the re-input the same OC and now it boots fine.