Internet Speed/Ping Issues

Zedrux

My internet has been really annoying me lately. I usually play Fortnite and other PC games or just watch Twitch streams and I've noticed that my internet frequently has problems. Sometimes it's spikes of 200-400+ ms or just constant 100+ ms and goes up and down between my usual ping (~25 ms) and in the hundreds. My Desktop PC is in the basement and the dual router/modem is upstairs. I haven't had any problems with the internet connection until recently these past 2-3 months. At first it wasn't that bad but now it feels like it's getting worse and happens more often then it should.

Internet Company: Bell

Connection type: Wireless (WiFi)

Wireless Card: QualComm Atheros AR9287

Router/Modem: Bell Home Hub 3000

My parents called Bell about the problem and they did a distant "diagnosis" from their work center to try and fix the problem. The internet worked fine afterwards for a few weeks and then the lag problems came back again. I talked with some friends that know a bit of this internet stuff and I was told that dual modem/routers that are provided by the internet company are usually bad.I asked my parents if we can just try to use a separate router and modem setup and they said no to that too. I honestly don't know what to do. This is really annoying me because I can't play any game at all and my parents won't listen to me because they don't notice the lag from the usage of their phones and they won't let me try to use an Ethernet cable. We pay for 50 Mbps internet (Fibe 50 package) when it is constantly at 10-30 Mbps. I even made a video showing how bad it can be sometimes. I don't understand where the source of the problem is. Bell claims to be the fastest and best internet in my province (QC), but recently it hasn't been that great of an experience for me. I've been using PingPlotter for 2 months and constantly check where the packet loss is coming from and it's usually from Hop 3 or any other servers. It rarely happens to Hop 1 (my router) but does occur from time to time.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i25Xif9m5ag

203801862_download(3).thumb.png.2c0216930bcc8f9dcdedcbebf5f84427.pngdownload.png.f298dbe78f3bef80166cf3b53d692624.png1693086461_download(1).png.fdf81e49698ef4ca3cdcf04eb358ea70.png1397225318_download(4).png.3a015def3f0fbcb6936e8ef7102076a9.png

Your router signal is being blocked. I'm surprised it worked up until recently, but computer in basement and router upstairs is not ideal, there's usually some floor in the way. The ideal strategy is to try to route an Ethernet cable to your PC.

I WILL find your ITX build thread, and I WILL recommend the SIlverstone Sugo SG13B

Primary PC:

i7 8086k - EVGA Z370 Classified K - G.Skill Trident Z RGB - WD SN750 - Jedi Order Titan Xp - Hyper 212 Black (with RGB Riing flair) - EVGA G3 650W - dual booting Windows 10 and Linux - Black and green theme, Razer brainwashed me.

Draws 400 watts under max load, for reference.

How many watts do I needATX 3.0 & PCIe 5.0 spec, PSU misconceptions, protections explainedgroup reg is bad

As the user above said, go Ethernet. No joke, I literally just ran Cat6 to my PC and have gone from 6MB/s to now capping the gigabit range locally and have nearly halved my ping and doubled my download speeds. It's worth it honestly.

PC - Athlon x4 845 // MSI GTX1050 GAMING X // 8GB DDR3 // 860 EVO 250GB // SANDISK PLUS 120GB

NAS - E7500 // 8GB DDR3 // 1x1TB HDD // 2x500GB HDD

//Forever upgrading

Have you tried to directly connecting to the router and rerun the pings? Try to determine if it a problem with your wireless or its an actual problem with your ISP. Try running a few trace routes to see what those come up with. If wireless was fine and isn't now something could of changed. More interference on the channel from new device in the house or near by. You could try changing channels. Wireless doesn't degrade that much even going through one solid brick wall. Most likely a problem with interference or ISP.