Looking for a laptop (1000EU)

Go to solution Solved by daanneek,

Thanks for the list, do you, or anyone you know have any experience with Lenovo's laptops? I heard the ideapad and yoga have problems with the Wifi card. Also how is the build quality in the HP laptops? 

Bump

Hello! I am searching for a new laptop to buy right now. My budget is around a 1000 euro's. I know this is not a european forum but I feel like people here would know alot of laptops, and can help me make the final choice. 

I am searching for these things

- 8th gen i5 or i7

- 8GB RAM

- 256GB SSD

- NO GPU

!!! The most important thing i'm looking for is build quality. I'm a student and Im going to be taking the laptop everywhere. !!!

+ I'm looking for a laptop without a GPU. I have a good desktop on which I play games

+ I'm going to be using this laptop for programming, taking notes, light photo-editing and normal daily use.

+ It should have a nice screen and an OK keyboard.

+ The trackpad is less of a priority as I normally use a wireless mouse.

+ I'd rather have a normal clamshell instead of a 2in1, but if its a good deal I won't skip it. 

+ I will NOT buy used products

+ No Apple (They're out of my budget anyway)

Remember that im in EUROPE, the Netherlands specificly, this changes some prices. For instance, the Dell XPS 13 is a good for what I need, but its 1400 euro's for the base model in Europe, while its 1000USD. :(

Now i've been looking for weeks and just can't decide.

The HP ENVY 13 looks the best, but i've heard bad things about HP's build quality. 

the Thinkpad series is known for its build quality but its just so damn ugly.

The Ideapad looks good on paper, but I heard the screen and battery are less then desirable, maybe some of you can confirm or deny this?  

The Yoga looks good, but im not that much into 2 in 1's, and don't want to spend extra money on something im not going to use that much. 

Dell doesn't really have a laptop that fits my requirements (or do they? Let me know)

Acer is at the bottom of my list as I had acer laptop and it broke after a year. Even though it was a cheaper model, I don't really trust them. If there is a good model with good feedback I will ofcourse be open to it. 

I hope you have some suggestions for me and that we can have a little discussion about it! 

Preferred max weight, display size and min battery life?

Any links of online stores?

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Montech Century 850W Gold Tecware Nexus Air (Black) ATX Mid Tower

Laptop: Lenovo Ideapad 5 Pro 16ACH6

Phone: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro 8+128

3 minutes ago, GeneXiS_X said:

Preferred max weight, display size and min battery life?

Any links of online stores?

The sites are in Dutch, so you won't be able to use those. 

Weight not more then 1.6 - 1.8 kg

Preffered 13" or 14"

Min 7-8 hours.

26 minutes ago, daanneek said:

The sites are in Dutch, so you won't be able to use those

It's fine, I can use Google Translate

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

AMD Ryzen 5 5600 Thermalright Peerless Assassin 120 SE ARGB Gigabyte B550M DS3H mATX

Asrock Challenger Pro OC Radeon RX 6700 XT Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (8Gx2) 3600MHz CL18 Kingston NV2 1TB PCIe 4.0 NVMe SSD

Lenovo Thinkpad L380 Yoga

Lenovo Yoga 730 13

Lenovo Yoga 720 13

Lenovo Ideapad 720s 13

Asus UX461UA

Asus UX430UA/BX430UA/UX3400UA

Asus UX410UA/BX410UA

HP Envy 13

Acer Spin 5 13

Desktop specs:

Spoiler

Thanks for the list, do you, or anyone you know have any experience with Lenovo's laptops? I heard the ideapad and yoga have problems with the Wifi card. Also how is the build quality in the HP laptops? 

Bump

33 minutes ago, daanneek said:

do you, or anyone you know have any experience with Lenovo's laptops? I heard the ideapad and yoga have problems with the Wifi card

I own 3 of them

QC problems like WIFI problem can happen in every laptop. Sometimes 1x1 WIFI card can cause problems too

33 minutes ago, daanneek said:

Also how is the build quality in the HP laptops? 

Depends on model

Desktop specs:

Spoiler