Display port on monitor not working

Conansbug

For a little background I have a ASUS VG248QE monitor in 144hrz mode that I have been using for about 3-4 years now with no problems. I have it hooked up to a Gigabyte 1070 along with 2 other 'worse' monitors. The one of the two bad monitors use DVI to Displayport and the other DVI to HDMI, while the good monitor uses only displayport.

I turn on my pc the other day and use it for about 10 minutes before leaving for about 3 hours and didn't turn my pc off. I come back and my Asus monitor seems broken with distorted vertical line running across the monitor. I turn it from 144 to 60hrz and it completely gave up and 'died'. However the display (while not showing a image) showed in control panel as there but windows says "Display is not active". I have used 3 different Display port cables (one brand new) and the same thing happens. I switched it to HDMI and everything works fine. I would just keep it in HDMI but I cant use 144hrz.

Any tips or help is welcome and if you need more info just let me know.

Since you tried different cables, the next thing I would guess is the display port on your monitor or even the gpu might have gone bad. Do you have on-board graphics or another gpu to try?

4 hours ago, Kritic said:

Since you tried different cables, the next thing I would guess is the display port on your monitor or even the gpu might have gone bad. Do you have on-board graphics or another gpu to try?

I do have on-board but only by HDMI. No other gpus to try (with display port) but with the DVI to Display port on my 3rd monitor it works just fine so id assume there would be no issue there.