HELP Crashing computer(under clocking fixes it)

DonutEaters

CPU:Intel - Core i5-8600K 3.6GHz 6-Core Processor

CPU Cooler:Corsair - H75 54.0 CFM Liquid CPU Cooler.

MOBO: Asus - Prime Z370-A ATX LGA1151 Motherboard

RAM:Team T-Force Vulcan 16GB (2 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3000 (PC4 24000) Desktop Memory Model TLGD416G3000HC16CDC01

SSD:500 GB mushkin SSD

SSD:128 GB Intel SSD (Boot Drive)

PSU:EVGA SuperNOVA 850 G2, 80+ GOLD 850W, Fully Modular, EVGA ECO Mode, 10 Year Warranty, Includes FREE Power On Self Tester Power Supply 220-G2-0850-XR

GPU:EVGA GeForce GTX 970 4GB SSC Gaming ACX 2.0+ Cooling Graphics Card (04G-P4-3975-KR)

I recently purchased new computer parts (Mobo, RAM, PSU, CPU) and have been having a computer crash problem ever since obtaining the new products.

I have returned the CPU and MOBO and received new ones and still have the problem. I have tried a different power supply and still have the same problem.

When I'm playing video games(rocket league, CSGO, rust) my computer randomly decides to crash and the only solution that I've been able to figure out is to under clock the CPU.

Any suggestions are more than welcome. I've been attempting to diagnose this problem for the past 3-4 months.

What are your temperatures? It's possible your computer is overheating, and crashing. 

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

3 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

What are your temperatures? It's possible your computer is overheating, and crashing. 

CPU temps when I'm monitoring it and looking over while gaming never exceed 55*C

GPU Temps under heavy load cap out around 80*C

Try booting with one stick of RAM installed. Does it still crash?

Main PC:

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X • Noctua NH-D15 • MSI MAG B550 Tomahawk • 2x8GB G.skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz CL16 • MSI VENTUS 3X GeForce RTX 3070 OC • Samsung 970 Evo 1TB • Samsung 860 Evo 1TB • Cosair iCUE 465X RGB • Corsair RMx 750W (White)

Peripherals/Other:

ASUS VG27AQ • G PRO K/DA • G502 Hero K/DA • G733 K/DA • G840 K/DA • Oculus Quest 2 • Nintendo Switch (Rev. 2)

Laptop (Dell XPS 13):

Intel Core i7-1195G7 • Intel Iris Xe Graphics • 16GB LPDDR4x 4267MHz • 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD • 13.4" OLED 3.5K InfinityEdge Display (3456x2160, 400nit, touch). 

Got any questions about my system or peripherals? Feel free to tag me (@bellabichon) and I'll be happy to give you my two cents. 

PSA: Posting a PCPartPicker list with no explanation isn't helpful for first-time builders :)

2 minutes ago, bellabichon said:

Try booting with one stick of RAM installed. Does it still crash?

I've tried each stick of ram individually. Both sticks crash.

Sorry I should've specified exactly what I did.

re-install windows on the 128gb ssd? or get a cheap 80gb hdd and install windows on that then see if your pc crashes while booted from it

Have a nice day:)

PC:    CPU: Core i7 4790k   I   GPU: MSI GTX 1070Ti Armor   I   COOLING: Custom water loop (cpu and gpu)  I  RAM: 16Gb DDR3 1600MHz   I   SSD: Samsung 850 evo 500Gb   I   HDD: WD blue 1TB, Hitatchi 2TB, Generic 1TB   I   PSU: EVGA 500w

3 minutes ago, Ic3d said:

re-install windows on the 128gb ssd? or get a cheap 80gb hdd and install windows on that then see if your pc crashes while booted from it

I've reinstalled windows aswell haha

you shouldn't have issues with the psu, but maybe in the off chance it is faulty, put your old one back in and then try that?

PC:    CPU: Core i7 4790k   I   GPU: MSI GTX 1070Ti Armor   I   COOLING: Custom water loop (cpu and gpu)  I  RAM: 16Gb DDR3 1600MHz   I   SSD: Samsung 850 evo 500Gb   I   HDD: WD blue 1TB, Hitatchi 2TB, Generic 1TB   I   PSU: EVGA 500w

10 hours ago, Ic3d said:

you shouldn't have issues with the psu, but maybe in the off chance it is faulty, put your old one back in and then try that?

It was happening with the old PSU, I bought it because i thought it was initially a power issue(and due for an upgrade to be fair).

Issue still occurs. Only thing that hasn't been replaced is the GPU and the ram is only on its first iteration(which ive done single ram test for both sticks).

Is it possible that the Grahpics card when put under stress can cause the CPU to crash? I've had other GPU's crash and just reboot without causing the whole system to crash.

yes i had a gtx 570 which i was trying to fix that would cause the entire system to crash under load, had a 290 do a similar thing as well but that was when i installed drivers for the gpu, try integrated graphics?