RAM for AMD Threadripper

This is my setup atm: 
AMD Threadripper 1950x
Asrock X399 Taichi
and now looki ng at different ram kits. 
Here is what they sell locally. 

https://www.hinnavaatlus.ee/products/Arvutikomponendid/M%C3%A4lud/5f6768daac509cea0b5185609ae00165/?sort=-add_date

Started to wonder why is that G.Skill DDR4 Ripjaws 4 128GB 128GRK Kit 2666 CL14 (8x16GB) costs like 1176 euros while
G.Skill DDR4 D4 3200128GB C14 GSkill TriZ K8 R, 8x16GB,TridentZ RGB is like 1993 euros. 
Both are CL14 kits
RGB increases kit price almoust double?

RGB and Ramspeed increases the cost of the kit

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/kXbkcf/gskill-memory-f43200c16d32gvk

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/LnGxFT/corsair-vengeance-rgb-32gb-2-x-16gb-ddr4-3000-memory-cmr32gx4m2d3000c16

get yourself 4 kits of either of these. 

also, why are you aiming for 128GB?

edit: get the cheapest 16*2 GB kit of DDR4 3200/3000mhz cl16 memmory. then get 4 of those kits. should be the cheapest way. 

So, is Estonia on planet Earth because with those prices it would have to be on the moon or on Mars.  Don't know what it would be but there has got to be a better way.  Wish you all the luck in the world.

Just now, GoldenLag said:

RGB and Ramspeed increases the cost of the kit

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/kXbkcf/gskill-memory-f43200c16d32gvk

https://de.pcpartpicker.com/product/LnGxFT/corsair-vengeance-rgb-32gb-2-x-16gb-ddr4-3000-memory-cmr32gx4m2d3000c16

get yourself 4 kits of either of these. 

also, why are you aiming for 128GB?

Because i do 3D and also simulations. 
I need a lot of ram for that
Programs i use are listed below: 
 * zbrush
 * Topogun 2
 * Modo
 * Houdini
 * Substance Painter
 * Substance Designer
 * Mari
 * Knald
 * Mighty Bake
 * Agisoft Photoscan
 * Unfold 3D
 * Keyshot
 * Marmorset Toolbag
* Revit
 * After Effects
 * Photoshop

Just now, ISUther said:

-snip-

ah, just get the cheapest config of getting 128GB. the RAM must be either 3000 or 3200mhz (3200mhz is better) and CL16 (Cl14 is better but more expencive and doesnt allways work)

get either:

1. 8 kits of one 16GB stick
  2. 4 kits of two 16GB stick
  3. 2 kits of four 16GB stick
  4. 1 kit of eight 16GB sticks

whichever totals to the cheapest configuration. 

note that Ramspeed should be either 3000 or 3200mhz. 

4 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

ah, just get the cheapest config of getting 128GB. the RAM must be either 3000 or 3200mhz (3200mhz is better) and CL16 (Cl14 is better but more expencive and doesnt allways work)

get either:

1. 8 kits of one 16GB stick
  2. 4 kits of two 16GB stick
  3. 2 kits of four 16GB stick
  4. 1 kit of eight 16GB sticks

whichever totals to the cheapest configuration. 

note that Ramspeed should be either 3000 or 3200mhz. 

Is there any specific reason why it has to be 3000 or 3200?

They reccomend for Threadripper samsung b-die and one told me that all cl14-s are samsung b-die-s

Just now, ISUther said:

Is there any specific reason why it has to be 3000 or 3200?

They reccomend for Threadripper samsung b-die and one told me that all cl14-s are samsung b-die-s

Threadripper 1 has issue with running at the rated speed of the Ram. if you can get Samsung B die without increasing cost much then id do that.

its 3000/3200mhz because that is the sweetspot in terms of performance gained from Ramspeed and cost. Zen (architecture of Threadripper and Ryzen) loves high speed Ram and gains quite a bit of performance with it. 

odds are that even if you get 3000mhz memmory, when populating all the slots you will have to run it at 2933mhz or 2666mhz. (people have avoided this by overclocking the CPU which somehow fixed it, but generally speaking Threadripper 1 doesnt like having all Ramslots populated and running at their rated speed.). its something to think about, but not worry about too much. 

regardless get 3000/3200mhz memmory as this issue fixed itself with threadripper 2 (still the same motherboard). if you can get Samsung B die without too much extra cost id suggest doing so, but there is nothing wrong running generic cl 16 3000/3200mhz memmory. 

3 minutes ago, GoldenLag said:

Threadripper 1 has issue with running at the rated speed of the Ram. if you can get Samsung B die without increasing cost much then id do that.

its 3000/3200mhz because that is the sweetspot in terms of performance gained from Ramspeed and cost. Zen (architecture of Threadripper and Ryzen) loves high speed Ram and gains quite a bit of performance with it. 

odds are that even if you get 3000mhz memmory, when populating all the slots you will have to run it at 2933mhz or 2666mhz. (people have avoided this by overclocking the CPU which somehow fixed it, but generally speaking Threadripper 1 doesnt like having all Ramslots populated and running at their rated speed.). its something to think about, but not worry about too much. 

regardless get 3000/3200mhz memmory as this issue fixed itself with threadripper 2 (still the same motherboard). if you can get Samsung B die without too much extra cost id suggest doing so, but there is nothing wrong running generic cl 16 3000/3200mhz memmory. 

Thank you for explaining this. I did read about threadripper issues with some ramsticks but never understood real reason. 
Is it then true that all CL14-s are samsung B-dies?

If i would buy ram in here what sticks from those would you choose for threadripper?

https://www.hinnavaatlus.ee/products/Arvutikomponendid/Mälud/e077fc89709f4be3438fedc1ce3cbb0e/?sort=-views

Often when i would order ram sticks from E-bay /amazon or similar place there is issue that when it is not EU the extra 20% tax is added to the price.