Chromebook Remote Desktop?

Ashiok

I have a pretty nice gaming pc but a crappy chromebook that I take everywhere.

Is there any actual good remote desktop for gaming for a chromebook? I have tried chrome remote desktop but the lag is quite extreme. Mostly just for Fortnite or CSGO

Thanks!

There isn't really any good remote desktop software for gaming due to the latency introduced by it, as well as the connection from your PC and chromebook.

Even a 100Mb/s connection with low ping on both ends likely wouldn't make it good enough for gaming, at least not fast paced games like CS:GO and Fortnite.

I'd recommend just getting an actual laptop that's capable of running CS:GO and Fortnite, rather than trying to use some janky solution that won't work very well.

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Best bet would be to install linux and use steam in-home streaming.  Hopefully there's some way to get that working over the internet and not just LAN if you plan to travel with it.  iirc their app can do it so it should be possible on desktop too.  There's also always the geforce now option

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.