My brief Mechanical keyboard try out

So I currently use this keyboard:

http://s3.a.netcycler.com/i/keyboard-like-new/AMIfv94ubwOr0e3qjNTmO5fMAB40u1sQUH8j9e87ruOJfeAqGLYi9cZ0o52CYxyT46TGKjaz8gT20MwO8SnvNiFKKIEDoXYUEqRErZkHC-V3VwHW_nO4VzYhZmqURMw0jkEjIlDBGzHWNuvZuiKy9DWI_Xy7QGEqfw-me860x860

It's a very cheap board that has scissor type switches...

I think this one is ok, but I thought I'd try a little more solid keyboard. I went to a hardware store where you could try different mechanical keyboards and key switches... And I wasn't very impressed... To me, most of them somehow felt more sloppy than my current one.

Maybe it's just that I've accustomed to the scissor type switches. In the end I find them pretty snappy, lol. The key caps could be shaped like they are on the gaming boards, instead of being flat, but yeah... This board also has some handy media keys.

Are mechanical keyboards something you only get into after you have been using them for some time, or what do you think?

CPU: Intel i7 3970X @ 4.7 GHz  (custom loop)   RAM: Kingston 1866 MHz 32GB DDR3   GPU(s): 2x Gigabyte R9 290OC (custom loop)   Motherboard: Asus P9X79   

Case: Fractal Design R3    Cooling loop:  360 mm + 480 mm + 1080 mm,  tripple 5D Vario pump   Storage: 500 GB + 240 GB + 120 GB SSD,  Seagate 4 TB HDD

PSU: Corsair AX860i   Display(s): Asus PB278Q,  Asus VE247H   Input: QPad 5K,  Logitech G710+    Sound: uDAC3 + Philips Fidelio x2

HWBot: http://hwbot.org/user/tame/

Since I started using mechanical keyboards membrane keyboards just feel really cheap.

Build 1: 4770k (H100i) | 2 x MSI 280X Gaming 3G | Asus ROG Maximus VI Hero | Corsair RM850 | 16GB Corsiar Vengeance 1600MHz | Corsair Obsidian 750D |

Build 2: 3770k (Titan Fenrir Evo) | Powercool 3GB HD7970 Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Corsair TX750 | 16GB Kingston HyperX Genesis 2133MHz Inwin Fanqua |

I felt the difference and benefit as soon as I started using a mechanical keyboard, although it can take some time getting used to a keyboard, so it might take a while until you see a benefit in your typing and WPM. 

Some people just plain and simple don't like or don't feel the difference with mechanical keyboards. It's all down to personal preference and what you're used to. 

EDIT: I've gotten to the point where I HATE using membrane keyboards. I actually bought a new mechanical keyboard just for typing and using at college.

Depends on if you like finger orgasms or not. If you DO like finger orgasms with each type, get a mechanical keyboard. If you don't like finger orgasms with each type, stay with membrane. Try out individual switches and see if you like them or not. I sure love mine. I cried when I thought it broke. I am emotionally attached to this keyboard... That's how much I love it.

I went from a membrane keyboard to a mechanical one and I don't think I'll ever go back to a membrane again. The difference is night and day to me. It feels better after long typing sessions (I'm a journalist so I type all the time) and after gaming.

Ive had keyboards with red and blue switches, there not that amazing imo, I could easily go back to membrane.

CPU: FX-6300 @ 4.4 ghz GPU: MSI 7950 Motherboard: Asrock 970 Extreme R2  RAM: Teamgroup Elite Black 8GB 1600mhz

Case: Corsair 300r Windowed Storage: 60GB Corsair SSD boot, 1TB WD Black storage PSU: Corsair GS600 Displays: AOC 22", Acer 24" both 1920x1080 60hz

Cooling: Coolermaster V8 cpu cooler Keyboard: QPAD MK50 Cherry MX Blue Mouse: Logitech G500s  Mouse Pad: Corsair MM400 Sound: Sennheiser G4ME ONE headset, Audio Technica ATH M50s

I have only tested 1 mechanical keyboard and I got a finger orgasm. The keyboard is called Steelseries 6gv2 and has Cherry MX Black keys.

"If violence does not work, try more violence"

My daughter has a cheapy dome membrane, old man has brown switches, and I use scissor switch on my lappy. I loved scissor switches the second I put my fingers on them. Very abrupt and quiet. No need for tactile feedback. I can con honestly say I'm never going back to cheap dome membrane, but mechanical is going to be a big jump from scissor....Still unsure which switch is best to choose for myself coming from a laptop.

NZXT H440 l Inel Core i5-4670K l Z87-GD65 l MSI 780 Twin Frozr l Kraken x60 l Corsair RM 650 l Seagate Barracuda 2 Tb l Corsair Force GS 128 Gb l Teleios Sleeving l Acer H236HLbid l Corsair K70 Anodized Black l Roccat Kone Pure Color