Please help with gpu

Ted123

I have a HP compaq 6200 micro tower with i5, 8gb RAM and stock psu. I recently purchased a gt 630 and it wouldn't work, i assume its because my motherboard isn't compatible and i was wandering if there were any gpu's that i could buy that would mean i don't have to change psu and motherboard. Many thanks Ted.

4 minutes ago, Ted123 said:

I have a HP compaq 6200 micro tower with i5, 8gb RAM and stock psu. I recently purchased a gt 630 and it wouldn't work, i assume its because my motherboard isn't compatible and i was wandering if there were any gpu's that i could buy that would mean i don't have to change psu and motherboard. Many thanks Ted.

Yes i would get a gt 1030 gddr5 its not bad for performance and it will work in almost any computer

I would see this as a power issue and as your gt 630 has a TDP OF 50 watts and the gt 1030 only takes 30 its a good choice and it should work

https://www.amazon.com/GIGABYTE-GeForce-GV-N1030D5-2GL-Computer-Graphics/dp/B071DY2VJR/ref=sr_1_2?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1539453018&sr=1-2&keywords=gt+1030&dpID=513i1WeTksL&preST=_SX300_QL70_&dpSrc=srch

Hope this helped anything else let me know...

6 minutes ago, Ted123 said:

If your really worried get a gt 730 even better and

the issue actually might be the Computer is old and can't support the bios of the card

1 minute ago, Mattk13 said:

the issue actually might be the Computer is old and can't support the bios of the card

gt 730 is a little worse then the 1030 but will work pretty well still

6 minutes ago, Mattk13 said:

Thank you very much but im just worried and dont want to waste more money, would these cards definately work on my system as i read on another forum that the pc may be to old to run newer cards. Thanks Ted.

1 minute ago, Ted123 said:

Thank you very much but im just worried and dont want to waste more money, would these cards definately work on my system as i read on another forum that the pc may be to old to run newer cards. Thanks Ted.

GT 730 would most likely work for sure as its older 2014 and the bios should work

GT 730 would most likely work for sure as its older 2014 and the bios should work

Ok thank you very much for your help.

Just now, Ted123 said:

Ok thank you very much for your help.

Yeah no problem

sorry one more question, what card RAM would you recommend?