PCIe bus error corrected

I have this problem that occurs on literally every linux distro that I tried to install (Fedora, Ubuntu, Arch, and many others). I am pretty new to the linux world and I am interested in moving away from windows to Linux due to a lot of annoying problems in windows and because I wanna be in control of everything in my pc.

I get this problem on my boot screen everytime i boot linux from a usb stick installer or when I actually boot from a hard rive that has linux installed on it.

My systems specs are:

i7 8700k
Asus z370-e
sasmung 970 evo ssd
850 evo ssd
AMD RX 580 8GB GPU

The settings I changed in bios inorder to try to fix this was:
Disable fastboot
Disablle secure boot and change boot option to other os
Disabled ASPM (Was disabled by default)
Disabled asus MCE
Try 4g decdoing off and on
Tryed CSM off and on

Non of this fixed the issue

I heared from alot of threads that this issue can be fixed by going to grub and turning aspm off or disabling the error reporting in boot.

The reason why I dont want to alter my grub menu settings is because I want to actually find out the root of the issue, and how to fix it properly.

Does this mean my computer has a problem because windows 10 runs great??

Do I need to wait for a bios update??

Is this normal on the coffelake ??

I know it is alot of question but it would be nice of you to really explain to me how to fix this!!!

Which Linux OS are you trying to boot on? Always try the most updated one, I can only think of the latest ubuntu development version or manjaro linux

Anyway that kernel parameter may be needed as a workaround, not a solution. In fact it could be fixed in the future

In general you'll want to post the exact output of your terminal or a screenshot that is legible.

I disagree with the first part our fellow member @Lukyp response.  Unless you have a specific reason I would caution against just updating to the latest version of linux.  Keep in mind I'm coming from the perspective of stability over cutting edge.  My dev rig is running CentOS 7, the kernel is frozen at 3.10 which very old. 

The second half I agree completely, I've had this issue on CentOS 7, Ubuntu 18.04 desktop and server, and Ubuntu 16.04.  If you search for your error message and your distro you'll find specific guidance as to how which kernel parm to use. 

13 hours ago, VanBantam said:

In general you'll want to post the exact output of your terminal or a screenshot that is legible.

I disagree with the first part our fellow member @Lukyp response.  Unless you have a specific reason I would caution against just updating to the latest version of linux.  Keep in mind I'm coming from the perspective of stability over cutting edge.  My dev rig is running CentOS 7, the kernel is frozen at 3.10 which very old. 

The second half I agree completely, I've had this issue on CentOS 7, Ubuntu 18.04 desktop and server, and Ubuntu 16.04.  If you search for your error message and your distro you'll find specific guidance as to how which kernel parm to use. 

Unless you backport the driver modifications manually, using an old kernel on new hardware isn't always the best solution, but most of the people don't build their own one 

• 2 weeks later...

Assuming it isn't a physical defect on the board somewhere (RFI leaking in for example), some hardware is straight up buggy.    Best thing you can do is try a newer kernel or a live cd because more often then not it's a software problem or there are workarounds.   Try testing without the 970 SSD there were problems with power management everything I think under 4.18-ish. 

You can disable the error too but I don't like that, the hardware is telling me there's a problem.   I'd rather address that then put tape over it.