PC/Laptop plan.

Gaming laptop vs. PC+Laptop  

6 members have voted

1. 1. As an engineering student, should I go for a gaming laptop which would also serve as a powerful editing/programming machine on the go, or a PC for (kind of) heavy workloads and easier upgradability with a weaker laptop for light productivity workloads and mobility knowing that it will be a veeeeery long time before I consider any kind of upgrades?

• Gaming Laptop for everything.
    • PC for heavy stuff with a weak laptop for mobility.

Maybe not a decked out gaming laptop, but a strong enough laptop that can run your programs, and is also a great productivity/work machine.

Try using the PSU Tier List! 

How to reset the bios/clear the cmos

My current rig:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700x

Ram: 1x16gb DDR4, 2x8gb DDR4

Storage: 1tb nvme ssd

GPU: gtx 3080

Monitor: 23.8" Dell S2417DG 144hz g-sync 1440p + 27" Acer S271HL 60 Hz 1080p

Keyboard: ducky one I | I SF

Mouse: gpro wireless | glorious model o2 wireless

Sound : beyerdynamic 1990 pro | Monoprice liquid spark (amp) + topping d10 (dac)

My take is that I don't need games to run on epic anyway so it allows my hardware to run longer into the future. You could get an i5 and a 1070 or 1070ti.

I like the option to have a lightweight long battery life laptop to take with me on the go. As long as you go with new hardware, your light workloads should not be a problem (don't go beneath an i5).

Rest In Peace my old signature...                  September 11th 2018 ~ December 26th 2018