Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Need help with upgrading rig.

antichaster

Basically i'm planning on upgrading my pc soon. Reason being that it's getting constant frame drops in a lot of games and its hard running most if not all games on high/ultra settings.

With that being said you should be able to conclude that I want a system to perform flawlessly on most games at 1080p. Not only that but I would also like to get into content creation like recording videos / streaming.

My current rig:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 2x4 8GB DDR3 
MB: MSI 970 Gaming 
Storage: 1TB WD Blue
PSU: Corsair RM650X
Case: NZXT H500i

My plan was too get a Ryzen 7 1700x, 16GB's of memory, a new motherboard obviously, and a few ssds and a nvme drive. 

What im asking you the community is should I stick with my current plan or should I get something else?

3 minutes ago, antichaster said:

Basically i'm planning on upgrading my pc soon. Reason being that it's getting constant frame drops in a lot of games and its hard running most if not all games on high/ultra settings.

With that being said you should be able to conclude that I want a system to perform flawlessly on most games at 1080p. Not only that but I would also like to get into content creation like recording videos / streaming.

My current rig:

CPU: AMD FX-8350 
CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62
GPU: GTX 1060 6GB
RAM: 2x4 8GB DDR3 
MB: MSI 970 Gaming 
Storage: 1TB WD Blue
PSU: Corsair RM650X
Case: NZXT H500i

My plan was too get a Ryzen 7 1700x, 16GB's of memory, a new motherboard obviously, and a few ssds and a nvme drive. 

What im asking you the community is should I stick with my current plan or should I get something else?

Either get the 1700x or wait for next release

Do not  buy an NVME drive until you are making money from production. You will not benefit with the added costs. SSD's are good enough for 99.9% of people, NVME really should only be for business use. As you have to build up an audience first before you make enough money to justify the NVME. 

Get a Ryzen 2700x, 16 GB of 3200 mhz ram.

your plan getting new CPU, mobo, rams and keep all the currents parts is fine.

the gpu can handle avg 50fps if you max out everything, that will be next upgrade

if price of 2700(x) is affordable, just buy buy it and pair with 3000+mhz ram

storage... choose later

20 minutes ago, antichaster said:

- Ryzen 7 1700x

- 16GB's of memory 

- Few ssds and a nvme drive

There's not much difference in gaming load times between NVMe and SATA SSD.

NVMe for video editing doesn't show a real-world difference between it and a SATA SSD (there are a couple videos comparing them).

16 GB of RAM sounds good, and I would suggest to get the 1700 instead, not much difference and you will save a few bucks, that's more than enough for 1080p, plus you could upgrade it once the 3000 series come out next year :)

4 minutes ago, Hi P said:

There's not much difference in gaming load times between NVMe and SATA SSD.

NVMe for video editing doesn't show a real-world difference between it and a SATA SSD (there are a couple videos comparing them).

16 GB of RAM sounds good, and I would suggest to get the 1700 instead, not much difference and you will save a few bucks, that's more than enough for 1080p, plus you could upgrade it once the 3000 series come out next year :)

I have the 2700x only because it makes me money if it didn't it would be a 1700x instead.

21 minutes ago, Lordclouds said:

I have the 2700x only because it makes me money if it didn't it would be a 1700x instead.

Can I ask how the 2700x makes you money? ?

2 minutes ago, antichaster said:

Can I ask how the 2700x makes you money? ?

Music production. It allows me to use multiple cores for each instrument.