Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Internet issues packet loss

spartaman64

I was playing bdo when suddenly mobs are teleporting around and I can't damage them.

I called wow cable my isp and they said everything looks fine on their end and had me reboot my modem.

I did a ping test to google.com and this is the results

image.png.96678f081c962f7dc024445851939feb.png

this is the modem log

image.png.aa512a11c2de7b4d725de365228e70a8.png

speedtest results

image.png.2f60375a34724aa3708d1100ce0e06d8.png

i think im supposed to get 10mbps upload but the wow technician said its probably just network congestion 

How old is the modem?  Last time my modem behaved like this, it was due a software update.  Took care of the update and all works fine.

Just now, kb5zue said:

How old is the modem?  Last time my modem behaved like this, it was due a software update.  Took care of the update and all works fine.

its a cm1000

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

its a cm1000

Since I don't know how old it is, who made it or what brand it is, or the current software revision that it has, I am having a hard time figuring out whether or not it is due an update.  Your response doesn't really provide much information.

1 minute ago, kb5zue said:

Since I don't know how old it is, who made it or what brand it is, or the current software revision that it has, I am having a hard time figuring out whether or not it is due an update.  Your response doesn't really provide much information.

netgear cm1000

1 minute ago, spartaman64 said:

netgear cm1000

Okay, getting a little better.  But, still don't know how old it is or the current software revision.  Why not check with the folks at Netgear and verify the information they have on it against the modem in your possession.  In my case, my internet provider (when I contacted them), polled/pinged my modem and they actually did the update from their end of the rope.  Your internet provider may be able to do the same.

Just now, kb5zue said:

Okay, getting a little better.  But, still don't know how old it is or the current software revision.  Why not check with the folks at Netgear and verify the information they have on it against the modem in your possession.  In my case, my internet provider (when I contacted them), polled/pinged my modem and they actually did the update from their end of the rope.  Your internet provider may be able to do the same.

i have the most recent firmware

After doing all this, my last resort would be to make sure that I had the most current ethernet drivers for my system.  Can't offer much help other than that.  Have to agree with you, a 23 percent packet loss is quite high.  To keep track of my internet stuff one of the things I use is the speedtest addon.  I was having difficulties with my intenet service and the provider kept telling me something was wrong on my end.  I kept a log file with the information provided by the speedtest addon for a month and printed it out and walked it in to their local office.  Only then did they decide to do something about it.  Turned out to be a bad connection where the cable from the house enters their routers out at the corner of the street.  My neighbors complained too but it took all of us together to get the provider to finally get off their collective asses and do something about it.  My provider is suddenlink.net.