Budget / cheap Projector

CorrieD

Good evening,

I'm looking for a projector for my parents to have in the lounge (to replace a TV and have blu rays on), and I've done some research and know I'd need a high lumens one iirc 3000 +. Their room has big windows and glass doors so have lots of natural light that doesn't really go until 7/8 pm and they don't want black out curtains. Does anyone know if the ~ 200 dollars / pound ones work in day light conditions or maybe midrange about the 4/500 mark? 4k is a pipedream for them at the moment with it still being around 900. So testing water and seeing if they like it first before doing them 4k.

Does anyone have any recommendations and maybe pictures or a video of it running in daylight/ slightly brighter then ambient light conditions please 

Generally speaking, home theater projectors are expensive. And the cheap ones the bulb will burn out quickly. Is there any reason why they're trying to get a projector when they only have a couple hundred bucks to spend? 

Ryzen 9 3950x - 64 GB DDR4 - NVME 980 pro SSD - EVGA RTX 3080 FTW Ultra - FAD CASE

Full custom loop / links below out of date

LTT Build Log | PCPP Build Log

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry if I stop responding, I've probably gotten busy as I mostly am only on here while working.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

10 hours ago, jeffmeyer5295 said:

Generally speaking, home theater projectors are expensive. And the cheap ones the bulb will burn out quickly. Is there any reason why they're trying to get a projector when they only have a couple hundred bucks to spend? 

They fancied a change and a couple of their more frugal friends went with one of the budget ones doing the rounds on YouTube and had good feedback, but parents room is bright.

We have a few electronic shops that try and shift viewsonic/ Epson too which I'm trying to steer them towards. 

They aren't too keen on oled and had bad experiences with some of the big brands for the Led/LCDs. 

Bit hard to explain as they are stubborn and not given a proper 100% reason why. Also what sucks I'm in Europe and they don't the mice TCls etc they have the couple of models off the flagship

We have got down to a choice of two on offer in a local store , almost the price of the budget one , better image and can handle daylight. They are having a move about but have a demo area so hopefully can decide on one.

They are 

Epson (forgot the model)

Optoma h183x 

Im wondering if any one has the optoma and have any pictures of it up and running and in daylight viewing please :)

thanks in advance