Jump to content
Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Overclock acting weird

Hello guys. So I recently overclocked my i5 8600k to 5GHz when I noticed something strange while running Cinebench R15. 

When I was running the CPU test I saw that my clock speed was reducing. I tried to give the CPU a little bit more voltage but that does not help at all. Also turning off all the power saving modes for the CPU also don't help.

I attached a video I recorded where I show the problem. If anyone knows the solution to this problem I would like to hear it from you.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Etrecz

that's most likely thermal throttling, check your CPU temps

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

@Etrecz

that's most likely thermal throttling, check your CPU temps

I will make a video for you where I show you the CPU temps. I forgot to mention them in the post.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Etrecz said:

I will make a video for you where I show you the CPU temps. I forgot to mention them in the post.

whats your motherboard?

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, syn2112 said:

whats your motherboard?

I have an MSI Z370 A-PRO. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Etrecz

your core voltage in CPU-Z and your VID voltage are freakishly stable, there's something wrong, even though VID is irrelevant when overclocking, but still.

 

check HWinfo for all the voltage readings.

Quote or Tag people so they know that you've replied.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, syn2112 said:

@Etrecz

your core voltage in CPU-Z and your VID voltage are freakishly stable, there's something wrong, even though VID is irrelevant when overclocking, but still.

 

check HWinfo for all the voltage readings.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share


×