installing new cooler

Arcana

hello, So im gonna changed my stock cooler to aftermarket cooler. so im still using my PC right now, if i turned off my pc, do i need to wait to cool off my processor before proceeding to a new cpu cooler?

ps: sorry for my bad english

you should wait a while, for your own safity and that you won't hurt the chip. and clean the chip first with rubbing alchohol

Theres no reason to wait.

It wont stay warm for long, and it shouldnt be hot enough to harm any1, if it were then it would have been overheating.

CPU: Intel i7 3930k w/OC & EK Supremacy EVO Block | Motherboard: Asus P9x79 Pro  | RAM: G.Skill 4x4 1866 CL9 | PSU: Seasonic Platinum 1000w Corsair RM 750w Gold (2021)|

VDU: Panasonic 42" Plasma | GPU: Gigabyte 1080ti Gaming OC & Barrow Block (RIP)...GTX 980ti | Sound: Asus Xonar D2X - Z5500 -FiiO X3K DAP/DAC - ATH-M50S | Case: Phantek Enthoo Primo White |

Storage: Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SSD + WD Blue 1TB SSD | Cooling: XSPC D5 Photon 270 Res & Pump | 2x XSPC AX240 White Rads | NexXxos Monsta 80x240 Rad P/P | NF-A12x25 fans |

28 minutes ago, LukeSavenije said:

you should wait a while, for your own safity and that you won't hurt the chip. and clean the chip first with rubbing alchohol

i see, yes i will thanks!

7 minutes ago, SolarNova said:

Theres no reason to wait.

It wont stay warm for long, and it shouldnt be hot enough to harm any1, if it were then it would have been overheating.

alright thanks. different opinions

I always install new coolers the morning after I've used my PC for an extended period of time, say five hours the day before, and the following morning installing the new one.

If you must install it moments after you've shut down your PC, I'd wait an hour minimum, this should give the CPU enough time to cool down, allowing you to safely remove the cooler and install your new one.

mechanical keyboard switches aficionado & hi-fi audio enthusiast

switch reviews  how i lube mx-style keyboard switches